forty five

this better fucking update i've been trying to update this shit for a fucking two hours bc it's posted but not giving anyone notifications so might as well just go die lol

-

July 9th, 2017

"She's been having the dreams."

Dinah frowns at her. "What about Lucy? Is she?"

"Um... I don't know?" Lauren smiles sheepishly. Admittedly, she feels a little bad; she'd kind of neglected her friendship with Lucy, and had been incredibly focused on making Camila remember, but it's not like Lucy had been making an effort either. Regardless, she makes a mental note to talk to her. "I kind of thought you'd be on that... since I've been with Camz."

Dinah raises her eyebrows. "Lucy is your best friend. She barely knows me."

"Yeah, you're right," Lauren mumbles, her guilt multiplying in her stomach. "I'll call her. I'm going to need you on Camila duty, though. Just don't make her remember, because I promised I'd do that and I've already broken every other promise I've made her. I've got to at least do this."

Dinah watches her carefully, before she sends her a smile. "Okay, Lo. I'll keep it light. Maybe I'll call Ally and see if she wants to have a movie day or something. That's like, this Camila's normal."

"Yeah. Okay," Lauren nods, "sounds good."

"So, Mila had dreams?" Dinah asks, and Lauren nods. "About Fifth Harmony?"

"I don't think the name was mentioned, because she just said she had a dream that she met me. At first we were competition, so I think it might've been when I went up to her on the first day of bootcamp. And she dreamt about us being put in a group," Lauren says, "I asked her what she'd call it if we started a band together, and she said Fifth Harmony like it was second nature."

"Well, we know part of our Mila's soul is still in there, so she's still in her subconscious," Dinah states, before she frowns, "but she's definitely more prominent than we were. Especially you. You were blissfully unaware that anything was wrong, but the way I believed Walz so easily when she told me she was dreaming... that shows that a part of me knew she was telling the truth. You would've been like what the fuck."

Lauren hums in thought. "You remembered again before me. Maybe it's like... the longer we stay forgetting, the more we slip away?"

"Maybe," Dinah says, "which means you should talk to Lucy."

"Yeah," Lauren nods, not wanting to know what happens when she stays unaware for too long. Would it send Lucy back, or would it erase her all together? "I will. And how did- how did you remember, by the way?"

"It was New Year's Day. Camila showed up at my house," Dinah says, thinking back, "She came in and sat down and started gushing about how she'd kissed you the night before, and you said it was going to go somewhere. Suddenly all of these memories came back about our real lives and I remembered being here before and forgetting everything. I came here on Mila's twentieth birthday, so it'd been like, three months since I'd seen her and she'd just cut herself off from me. It was like she'd just stopped caring. I'd texted her happy birthday and she read it and didn't respond. I felt like... like I'd lost her for good. And then when I remembered again and realised that the girl in front of me was Camila, and that she wasn't in our actual world, and hadn't been since December 18th, it made me realise that she hadn't just forgotten our friendship and cut herself off."

Lauren nods. "So, you told her then?"

"No, I didn't tell her." Dinah admits, shaking her head, "I didn't think she'd want me here. I still considered her my best friend, but she'd pulled away from me so much, and then she just left the group and I didn't know if she'd want me around. But then she started talking shit about you, saying that you were toxic, that you'd never loved her, that you didn't want her. Calling this other version of you her Lauren. And you're my best friend too, I wasn't about to let her slander you when she didn't know the things you'd told me."