fifty four

i forgot to post this yesterday because i'm in the midst of exam season and i can't promise that i'll be updating next thursday since i'll be in amsterdam celebrating the fact that exams are over for me on wednesday. i'll try my best but i'm gonna be busy travelling so here's your warning!!!

also i started writing that youtuber au even though it got the least votes last chapter and now i have 40,000 words

-

August 27th, 2017

"You can't get on that plane."

Lauren sighs, running a hand through her hair. "I have to. Like I said, this... this isn't my life, and I have to play it safe. I can't ruin things for this other me when she gets back."

"But- but I don't know if I'll be able to cope if you go," Camila mumbles, "and it's not like your classes start this week. They don't start until the eleventh."

"Yeah, but there's move in day, and then there's all the intro stuff next week." Lauren points out, "I can't just... ruin her college experience."

"For all we know, this isn't even real." Camila argues. "Maybe this world will just fizzle out once we leave, which, by the way, we haven't. Even though we're all friends again, which is what we thought would send us back. How are we supposed to figure things out if you're halfway across the country?"

"I- I don't know, but..." Lauren sighs, zipping up her suitcase. "But I have to go. My dad's taking me, and we've already booked the flights and I can't just drop everything because we've already decided that these lives are real, and I can't go fucking it up. We'll figure something out, and I can always fly back."

Camila sends Lauren a pleading look, hoping to god she changes her mind, because she doesn't think she can do this without her. Sure, she'll have the other girls, but she doesn't know if she'll be able to cope if she didn't have Lauren there. "Please don't go. I'm begging you."

After a few moments of silence, Lauren laughs. She actually fucking laughs. "Wow, what a parallel, huh?"

Camila stares at her. "What are you talking about?"

"You begging me not to leave," Lauren chuckles lightly, "considering it's the opposite in our actual world. Everything here is pretty backwards, and I guess we just got caught up in it. Took something being different as something being better."

Camila blinks in confusion, her heart dropping and a cold wave of fear rushing over her. "Are you saying you want everything to be the way it is there?"

"No, not exactly," Lauren shakes her head, looking up at Camila, "I mean, that world might be different, but it's ours right? And even if there's a risk that we wake up there and we don't remember this, it's still our world. Even if some things are kind of shitty, it's ours, and we all want to be back there. Right?"

Camila bites down on her bottom lip. "Yeah."

Lauren sighs. "Please tell me you're not still clinging onto this place. We've done what we needed to do. It's time to go."

"It's like you said. There's a risk we won't remember." Camila points out, knowing that she can trust Lauren with her fears. "What if we go back, and you don't remember, and you hate me. Or, like I've thought, that this is all my dream, and you're not actually here, I've just fabricated you and this is just some kind of subconscious torture."

"If it is, then you know you can talk to me." Lauren says, and Camila rolls her eyes. "No, seriously. I've never not cared about you, Camz. Even if I'm angry, if you just talk to me, then-"