Vamp/Werewolf: Promised to the King of Darkness

Book: Promised to the King of Darkness
Genre: vamp/werewolf
Written by: Nadinedelange
Reviewed by : non_deficere

Cover/Description:
I absolutely love your cover, is hot and mysterious, although I'm not really a fan of the font and color (especially the boldness of the letters )that you've used, but that's my personal opinion.
The description is alright but you could have opened the curiosity of your readers a little more with some more mystery and twists.

The beginning:
I honestly thought that both parents were acting weird because they were getting divorced, so you got me there. I have mixed feeling with the way you started this book, I understand why the need of giving all that information at once, but I think you gave too much too soon, I think you should have given a more resumed and short version, so you could reveal certain details at different times, so that way you would keep a little bit of the mystery of the story.

Detailing/Grammar:
Your grammar isn't perfect but I found it good, I saw a few mistakes and the description could use some more development to take the story to a more deep level, but overall was a very nicely written.
As for detailing was also enough but was definitely room to use a deeper description, not only on surroundings but as well on the emotional side of the characters.

Character Development/Plot:
Your main focus was Rose, so wasn't much to see from the other characters at this point.
Rose character didn't develop on an emotional side as much as it could have, but maybe that's part of the story and hopefully we get to see more of her personality as the story goes along.
As for the plot, I thought it was smart but I was concerned about the way you are writing the story as for now it can become a little cliche to be honest with you, also the plot felt a bit rushed at the beginning.

My view as a reader:
As every story yours have a great potential, werewolf books tend to have a lot of mystery and vivid descriptions, but I think you approached your story a little differently so I'm not seeing much of this yet. The plot felt rushed because you jumped into telling the story so fast that you didn't take enough time to develop Rose as a character, as a writer you need to take a step back and let the story flow instead of getting from point A to D as fast as you can, or you might lose the other letters...this is just an example, you were so focused on explaining how and why Lucias would come for her, that you end up not taking your time to fully introduce Rose.
My other concern while reading your book, was what else is there to be revealed? I think you need to work a little more on the mystery and dark side of the story, I'm actually curious in seeing where the story goes and I'll try to read it after my reviews.

Thank you for allowing us to read your book, and I wish you all the best.
-claudushka

I would rate this book 3.5/5