Fanfiction: If 80's bands had group chats

Book: If 80's bands had group chats
Genre: fanfiction
Writer: averya7x
Reviewed by non_deficere

Cover/Description:
I don't think that you have a book cover, it looks to me that you just add a picture as a book cover, I would suggest maybe make one if you can or ask someone? Wattpad has amazing graphic designers so I'm sure one of them can easily help you. The description isn't a description either, it should be an introduction to the storyline and I do understand you are writing fanfics but that doesn't mean you don't need to make an effort, remember that this is the first things your readers will see.

The beginning:
I was as confused on the first chapter as I was when I read your description and saw your cover.
Was no introduction at all, and that left me a little lost.

Detailing/Grammar:
I can't really judge your detailing or your grammar because your book is based on a group chat, literally, so would be unfair for me to judge it as I would with any other book.

Character Development/Plot:
Can't really judge characters or plot, since it wasn't really much for me to judge.

My view as a reader:
I had read books based on messages before, and I actually love the concept, but I think your book needs a little work. First I would suggest a cover, and more detail on your description, what you have as description right now I would add it on an Author's Note or something like that.
Also one thing I was worried about was the readers that aren't aware of all the names and the band itself so I would suggest to add a little detail about all the members of the band as well as their history, so everyone could enjoy your book and not only a specific group of people.
The first chapter is confusing because not only all the messages are right at the top of each other but without proper introduction of the story I was having a hard to adjust to the different conversations and different people, although this is based on messages you can very well introduce some detailing in the mix, that way readers who aren't familiar with the concept and the people your are basing your book on, can also enjoy the story.

I would love to give you a higher score but I didn't see much effort, unfortunately, apart from the funny side wasn't much that I actually enjoy as a reader, this book is a fanfic but you are the writer, just make it more like a book, and write it to reach all the kinds of audiences. All the best :)
-claudushka

I would rate this book 2/5