Horror/Paranormal: The Angel, the Demon, and Me

Book: The Angel, the Demon, and Me
Genre: Horror/Paranormal
Writer: Reading_Mermaid08
Reviewed by non_deficere

Cover/Description:
I have mixed feelings when I look at your cover, I understand the concepts and it totally combines well with the title, but I'm not sure if is the best cover for this kind of book. Wouldn't say that it needs an immediate change, but would definitely suggest you to consider making this cover bolder (less cute) and look at other options.
The description needs a little work, especially the way you ended it, felt a little off. It should definitely finish with some hint of mystery and intriguing questions. Also, I would shorten the ranking list or make a special chapter for all the awesome achievements of your book (this is a suggestion only).

The beginning:
The first chapter wasn't the beginning of the story to me, to me the story starts to pick up more at the middle towards the end of chapter 2, I think I felt a little off with the all judgment scenes involving the computer and paperwork, but overall you have a really really good plot.

Detailing/Grammar:
Your grammar was really good throughout the book, as for the detailing you did a good job describing surroundings, wasn't too elaborated but I felt well aware of everything that was surrounding the characters, but I think the emotional side wasn't persuaded as well as everything else. You should definitely let go and describe the emotional side of your characters as well as you do with surroundings.

Character Development/Plot:
I have to admit, reading the first chapter it really felt like more fantasy than anything else to me, but after reading further the story started to feel really intriguing to me. As for the characters, I think you introduce them perfectly, you gave enough/necessary attention to each character without rushing the storyline.

My view as a reader:
The cover gives me mixed vibes, I like the wings detail but I think it could have a deeper meaning, the description also needs to be more intriguing, because those two things are what your future readers will see when they come across your book, as for the book itself, I like the plot, I had my doubts as reading the first chapter, but as the story goes along I kind of was hooked up to your book, as a suggestion if you feel is necessary, I would add a very good prologue from the story with a lot of mystery, but this, of course, is a suggestion only.

All the Best :)
-Claudushka

Would rate this book 3.5/5