Chapter 2: Miss Independent

"Cause she work like a boss, play like a boss

Car and the crib she 'bout to pay 'em both off

And her bills are payed on time

She made for a boss, only a boss

Anything less she telling them to get lost

That's the girl that's on my mind

She got her own thing, that's why I love her

Miss independent"
______________________________________________

Kaleehalani 🌸

Today was officially the day that I was to meet with Dave to discuss the contract and sign it

Today was officially the day that I was to meet with Dave to discuss the contract and sign it. I was nervous to say the least but I'm not one of his pets he can talk to any kind of way so i knew that it'd be a breeze for me.

If all went as planned and I decided to go through with signing the contract, I would be collecting the $25,000 today as an initiative for signing. I knew the game and what these so called rappers had to offer and I wasn't interested in anything, but a check from Dave.

Slipping my dress over my head, I heard the latch on my door being twisted and I already knew who it was. Like always, my mother found a way to get a key to the places I lived, apparently that's what money gets you.

"Don't you look lovely today. How are you doing?" She scanned my outfit up and down just looking for something to say.

"Cut the bullshit and tell me why you're here damnit." I huffed smoothing out my dress tired of her beating around the bushes. It wasn't hard for me to not care about my parents anymore because all they did was put me down because I didn't look like the rest of their "beautiful exotic children."