Chapter 37: Until It's Gone

"It's a shame you ain't want it when you had it, hey

Gave my love and you took the shit for granted, hey

And it was me those nights that you didn't come home

Crying to my mama, blowing up your phone

Just wait a little while, baby you gon' see

That this gon' hurt you more than it hurt me

Cause one thing that I know for sure is you gon' miss me when I go

And it's gon' hurt babe, when you're all alone

I guess it's true what people say

You never know what you have until it's gone."
_______________________________________________

Kaleehalani ☀️

"Your vitals are stable and your blood pressure is at a steady rate now

"Your vitals are stable and your blood pressure is at a steady rate now. I don't see an issue as to why you can't go home today." The doctor said smiling as I smiled back. It had been about three days since the incident with Dave and the news was blowing up about it.

"Thank you." I said as he nodded and left the room so that I could get prepared to leave. I glanced in my phone's camera still seeing the red ring around my neck from where Dave had choked me.

Dave of course, didn't stay in jail, like I didn't expect him to with the privileges of being famous. He had however been parading around on the news like "a changed man" and doing several interviews about the situation. Lying like I wouldn't let him see his child and the list goes on.

It was all a joke for him and a money making scheme, but in that instant I could have been gone forever. Away from my children, away from my family, away from my life. He didn't realize that.

I don't wish bad on him though, I wouldn't wish bad on anyway, I just prayed that he got the help he needed because he was clearly fighting some shit that was unresolved within himself.

"How are you feeling today love?" Dave's mom walked into the room with a huge bouquet of flowers as I smiled. She was always so sweet to me and I loved how she cared even when Dave and I weren't together. One thing I did want to do though was get to the bottom of why Dave was the way he was. From the constant weed smoking, to the drinking, to the cheating, to the violence.

"I'm doing alright. I'm getting ready to get out of here ma." I told her as I slid on my PINK sweatsuit from Victoria Secret. I didn't want to look like a bum, but I wanted to be comfortable as well.