Chapter 16: Incapable

"Its time to grow up

I embarrass myself enough, cause I wouldn't leave you

Even my family know the truth.

You've taken me under, round in circles like you know you do

I've called on my brothers

They said don't call me till you know you're really through

But every time it feels like this could be the last time

Where's the good in goodbye if I give this one more try

Its hard cause they say that if its true love it never dies."

______________________________________________

Kaleehalani 🌸

"I'm just fucking with y'all

"I'm just fucking with y'all." I spoke hoarsely laughing lightly while holding my stitched stomach. Now that I was awake, I could feel every single thing and it wasn't a good feeling at all.

"Don't do dat shit no more. You scared my ass." Dave ranted as I rolled my eyes not even wanting to hear from him.

"It took Chris kidnapping me and me having this baby early for you to worry about me

"It took Chris kidnapping me and me having this baby early for you to worry about me. With all due respect you can keep your sorry ass worrying." I looked at the screen as it constantly beeped indicating that my blood pressure was steadily rising due to wasting my breath on Dave.

"Believe it or not I care about you. I care about the baby and Ian going no whea. Ion care how many times I fucked up." He stood beside the bed looking at me as I turned the opposite way.

"Where's Elijah?" I asked the nurse because I didn't want to bother talking to Dave.

"He's with the social worker talking to her. You'll be able to see his sweet self in a little bit. He's starting to talk now a bit and he might talk more if he saw you. He talks about how nice you are and how worried he is about you." I smiled to myself just thinking about how much he looked like me and how I wanted him to adjust to me so that he could be comfortable.