Chapter 30: Backin' It Up

"Let's get it straight, girl, you don't need a nigga for nothin'

Lookin' better every day, you got that Benjamin Button

Claimin' he don't got a girl, you know niggas be frontin'

You don't need no bitch comin' up to you as a woman

And you a boss, so you hate when niggas waste time

You too pretty to be paused on the FaceTime

Damn, I'm just statin' the facts

You hate that like you hate when niggas tell you, "relax."

________________________________________________

Kaleehalani 💚

"What exactly am I doing here, David?" I sighed crossing my leg over the other one waiting for this supposed therapist that Dave had tricked me into going to "talk things out civilly since we missed it the first time

"What exactly am I doing here, David?" I sighed crossing my leg over the other one waiting for this supposed therapist that Dave had tricked me into going to "talk things out civilly since we missed it the first time."

To me, there was nothing to talk about. We had both hurt each other and I felt like we should just go on about our business. I mean I got my feelings invested and I was in love with him. I mean I still loved him, but I was currently harboring a hell of a lot of resentment towards him.

When I was fighting my different demons, he decided that he decided to lay in the bed with different bitches instead of finding his solace in me. Everything was always on his time and I just wasn't with it. He decided when we'd be together, he decided when we would be apart, etc. He had full control over me and our relationship and I was tired of it.

"You know why we here. We need to fix shit." He sucked his teeth as I scooted over to the edge of the other end of the sofa.

"Good morning, my name is Iyanla and I will be your therapist for the duration of our time together loves. It is a pleasure to meet you Dave and Kaleehalani. What brings you here today?" She shook both of our hands as I gave her a slight smile before moving my hair out of my face.

 What brings you here today?" She shook both of our hands as I gave her a slight smile before moving my hair out of my face