Chapter 15: Mama's Hand

"When I first laid eyes on you,

When I heard your heart beat too,

Oh I never knew I could witness an angel so beautiful.

From the very moment you arrived, I felt something new inside

I developed a love that was so unconditional

And I promise to give you everything that I have

There's not a dream in this world you can't accomplish or grasp

I will cross any ocean before I let you land

Just hold onto mama's hand and never let it go."
_________________________________________________

Dave 🙄🤯

Pulling from the blunt that I was smoking, I continued to write shit on paper and then ball it up

Pulling from the blunt that I was smoking, I continued to write shit on paper and then ball it up. It had been a long night in the studio due to the fact that I hadn't heard from Kaleehalani in a few days.

It was one thing not to hear from her, but it was another thing not to see her on social media posting her quotes and shit referring to me and that's what worried me the most.

Continuing to pull from the now roach sized blunt, I decided to pull my phone out to call her for the twentieth time, still getting the voicemail that I was getting previously.

Since the house had burned down, I didn't know where she was staying. It was selfish of me not to make sure she was good, but at the same time I felt I needed to distance myself before I damaged her more than she already was from me and I needed time to return back to my fucked up ways to explore.

I continued to write until I received a call from an unknown number that I continued to decline until I finally decided to answer so whoever it was would leave me the fuck alone to finish my album that was due in a few days.

"Fuck is this? Stop playing on my line!" I snarled putting the blunt out now running my hand down my freshly done braids.

"This is the Los Angeles Medical Center and I would like to speak to Mr. Dave East?" A male voice boomed through the phone as I immediately sat up sitting my notebook to the side of me.

"This me. Is everything good?" I stroked my chin hair anxious for what the doctor had to say and who was in the hospital.

"Yes, I have Ms. Foster here and you might want to get to the hospital as soon as you can. That is all that I can discuss over the phone at the current moment so feel free to come by the hospital as soon as you can."