Chapter 29: Love & War

"Sometimes you're my general, you quarterback all these plays

Sometimes you're my enemy and I'm throwin' grenades

We'll just be chillin' and laughin', I'm layin' on your chest

Don't know what happened 'cause things just went left

But here we go back down that road,
That's just the way that it goes

'Cause we made it this far on for better or worse

I wanna feel it even if it hurts

If I gotta cry to get to the other side, as long as you're there I'll survive

We stay on the front lines, Yeah but we're still here after the bomb drops

We go so hard we lose control, The fire starts then we explode

When the smoke clears we dry our tears

Only in love and war."

_________________________________________________

Dave 🤔

"Wassup bruh?" Bully dapped me up as he sat down in the rolling chair inside of the hotel room that I was cooped up in due to Lani changing the locks and not wanting to be involved with me

"Wassup bruh?" Bully dapped me up as he sat down in the rolling chair inside of the hotel room that I was cooped up in due to Lani changing the locks and not wanting to be involved with me. I couldn't blame her I was a different person when the drugs and alcohol hit me and I just knew I had did some foolish shit.

"Nothing much." I blew smoke from my nose as I continued to pull from my blunt thinking about Yori, the chick I had been sleeping with, and how we had just fucked and I gave her a band as usual. She wasn't Lani, but she took the pain away and that's all I needed.

"How are the kids?" Bully asked as he propped his legs up onto the coffee table taking a swing of his lean that was in his red cup he had brought in with him.

"They good I guess. Lani let me see FaceTime them so dat was a good thing I guess. She wasn't bitter, but at the same time I wish I coulda seen them in person you know." I said as Bully laughed and I raised a brow.

"Well, You was the one that left 2 months and went MIA on her and your kids. They need stability, can't just jump back in place nigga." He told me as I nodded not even wanting to admit he was right.

"Has she been off to you? Is she happy? At least she lets you check on the kids. Shit I can't see em. Even when moms them have the kids they won't let me see them." I said taking a shot of Hennessy enjoying the sensation that it gave me.