Chapter 9: Stay

"All along it was a fever

A cold sweat hot-headed believer

I threw my hands in the air, said, "Show me something"

He said, "If you dare, come a little closer"

Round and around and around and around we go

Oh now, tell me now, tell me now, tell me now you know

Not really sure how to feel about it

Something in the way you move makes me feel like I can't live without you

It takes me all the way

I want you to stay."

_________________________________________________
*2 days later*
Kaleehalani

_________________________________________________*2 days later*Kaleehalani

"Hey you're up." I spoke softly to Dave as soon as his eyes flew open.

"A nigga thought he was dead." He spoke hoarsely trying to pull the plugs off of him as his mom swatted his hand.

"Nah you're damn near invincible." I joked lightly before touching his hand as he looked at me.

"Thought you'll be done with a nigga." He laughed dryly.

"Thought about it and I would be if you hadn't saved me from his crazy ass. I didn't appreciate you calling me a hoe back there either." I said sternly as he scratched the back of his head. He did that when he wanted to avoid apologizing every single time.

"Yeah that wasn't cool." He tried to sit up and swing his legs around until he looked at me confused as his mom looked at me and I looked at her.

"Let me call the doctor sweetheart." His mom pressed the button on the wall lightly as the doctor came in.

"Good morning Mr. Brewster , I'm Dr. Capehart and I'm your doctor today. If you may have noticed, you have a bit of numbness going on down there. During surgery, while we were able to get the bullet out, it still caused some damage to the nerve linings in your leg and you will be in a wheelchair for a while. I'm so sorry." She walked out of the room shutting the door softly to leave him in thought.

"So because of this bitch I'm going to be a damn vegetable?!" He scrunched his face growing angrier and angrier as I snapped my neck in his direction.

"I never once told you to jump in front of a bullet to save me, YOU did that on your own. Stop playing victim and blaming everyone else for your wrongdoings. God forbid you ever be accountable for your bullshit!" I snapped at him.