Chapter 18: Black Hypocrisy

"I was told I would reach further if the colour of my skin was lighter

And I was made to feel inferior cah society say brown girls prettier

Me love the way me look, me love me pretty black skin

Respect due to me strong melanin

Proud a me colour, love the skin that I'm in

Bun racism, demolish colourism

But the things weh me a go say you might not even have me back

I get hate from my own race, yes, that's a fact

'Cause the same black people dem say I'm too black"

________________________________________________

Kaleehalani 🍫

"Mama sugar bear

"Mama sugar bear." I kissed the top of Kace's head while snapping pictures of us in the mirror together. I was in complete awe of how much he looked like me as well as how sweet he was. Just watching him look at me and smile made any day much brighter.

"You're so handsome, yes you are." I snuggled my nose against his while I sat on the bed editing our photos to post onto Instagram since everyone adored all of the photos of him.

He was still in need of his breathing tubes and things, but he was still fighting and so strong for me. Everyday I woke up to him was literally a blessing for me.

"Mommy I want waffles." Elijah came into the room wiping the sleep from his eyes as I tussled a hand in his wild hair and kissed his forehead.

Since I was breastfeeding, it was hard to get Kace detached from me so I held him in one hand while I prepared Elijah's waffles in the waffle maker.

After they finished, I placed them on his personal table with his apple juice while I drank my protein shake and cookies for my milk production.

As soon as I thought I was relieved due to Kace falling asleep in the baby carrier, the door bell rang and his little eyes fluttered open with an irritated look on his face.

"Me too buddy, me too. Mamas tired." I yawned as I peeped through the hole seeing it was Dave and opened the door.

"Mornin. You look beautiful." I smiled lightly as he took Kace off of my hands.

" I smiled lightly as he took Kace off of my hands