Chapter 17: Never Never Land

"It feels like somethings moving inside of me,

My heart is doing back flips in spite of me,

And there's no place that I would rather be than with you and my kids, my family

I think about you constantly, you gonna be my wife eventually

It don't matter what my friends say to me, there's no changing my mind, so ya'll just pray for me.

Those fellas live in never never land

Right next to peter pan cause nobody wants to grow old,

Those fellas live in never never land

They'll never understand what it's like to be in love."

____________________________________________

*6 weeks later*

Kaleehalani 🌺

"Alright buddy, you are free to go home

"Alright buddy, you are free to go home."

Tears welled in my eyes as I quickly wiped them away while the nurse finished his NICU graduation ceremony. It felt good not to be riding home empty handed and nothing in this day could ruin this moment.

He had passed all of his tests and fit into his car seat perfectly so he was free to go home with me finally. It was hard for me to contain the excitement that I felt.

A few weeks ago the DNA test had come back positive and I was indeed Elijah's mother as I already knew and got to bring him home with me. Things were a little awkward as we got into the swing of things but I'm so glad that I was able to get my love muffin.

"Dave isn't here?" I asked mama as she carried the car seat for me as we were wheeled out of the hospital into the car that was waiting for us outside of the hospital.

"No he's not but I'm sure there's a very good reason for why he isn't." She smiled winking at me before helping me buckle Kace into the car properly.

For the past few weeks, Dave had been stepping up and babysitting Elijah for me when I needed it and just helping here and there when I asked him to. I was still hurt but as time went on my feelings became nonchalant. I just couldn't allow myself to continue to be bitter towards him. I was trying to heal.

"What do you know?" I cut my eyes at her folding my arms as I got into the backseat with Kace as she got into the drivers seat.

"I don't know anything but we'll just hope he has a good reason for not being here, right?" She said as I knew she was lying about knowing something.