Sitting On Blank Verses

Reviewed by: smilesandlullabies

Author: RainAndSonder

Cover: 9/10

The way I judge covers is by asking myself if I would read your book, after only seeing your cover. I would definitely click onto yours. Why? I think that the simplicity of it is perfect for poetry, the image used is very nice, and the font for the title is also really appealing too. However, the colour of the title could be brighter, as it doesn't really stand out right now, and the first thing that my eyes were drawn to was your name, which shouldn't be the case. Overall, I do like your cover, so well done with that.

Description/Summary: 8/10

I like the minimalism in your description, it doesn't give anything away and create the perfect poetic vibe. However, there's something about it which puts me off, slightly; it just doesn't look right to me, right now, it seems to be missing a few commas maybe - "Stories through poems, through words, through letters."

Chapters Review

First Poem - 10/10

Absolutely amazing! Structures so nicely, the rhymes weren't forced, it flowed and it told a story, I loved it!

Second Poem - 8/10

I didn't really understand it, I'm not going to lie, but your description was quite good. For me, it was nowhere near as good as number one.

Third Poem - 9/10

I loved this poem! It was short and simplistic but conveyed a nice story - the ended was amazing! So creative! This didn't receive a 10/10 though, because of the LOOK of the poem, I'm sorry - I did mention that I was all about the aesthetic - I just felt like more spacing was needed between all the different speeches as it felt a bit overwhelming.

Fourth Poem - 10/10

WOW. All I can say is that I am SPEECHLESS. This was amazing. At first, I thought, wow the descriptions are great and the structure is perfect too, and then you threw in that last line and BOOM, created a very powerful poem here. The plot was perfect, and the pace picked up perfectly too, towards the end. You made this all so realistic - by far, this is my favourite poem.

Fifth Poem - 10/10

Very short and snappy, perfectly written - I loved it.

Activity of Writer: 0/10

Of all the comments I saw on your book, I didn't see a reply from you on a single one. Maybe interact with your readers a bit more?

Plot: 10/10

All your plots and messages were perfect, I couldn't fault them, well done!

Overall Advice:

No advice necessary! You clearly know what you're doing! You're so talented I found myself voting for my favourite poems, and even reading ALL of your book, and then adding it to my library because I know I would want to read MORE. Just keep writing, you have SO much talent, and reviewing your book was so much fun!

Overall Rating: 10/10 - would recommend this to people.