Lexi

Reviewed by: Annie_Moon2001

Author: Rockz99

Cover: 7½/10

It's really beautiful. I love the fonts as well as the picture but I can't help but feel that it's not the right cover for this story.

The story is about Lexi. The cover should show a picture of a girl up close. When I say up close, I meant with her face in full view. (I know it might seem cliché but that's my perspective. You can try it out and if you don't like the turn up, you can leave it as it is.)

Description/Summary: 5/10

This needs a lot of work. Normally, the description is supposed to make the readers curious and not a spoiler.

Truthfully speaking, if I were to come across this book on my own, I wouldn't have given it a second glance even when I love the cover. My reasons?

The first sentence needs to be altered a bit. You can try:

"Lexi Marain (ma-rain) was dumped by the love of her life 3 years ago and this was on her favourite holiday, Christmas."

The second sentence just seems bland even when it should be the one drawing attention. Starting that sentence with Lexi is just a total turn off. You can try something like:

"Till this day, she hasn't moved on. She is still pining for a man that is somewhere in this world enjoying his life with his fiancé."

The sentence, "Will she bump into her ex or still be the single women?" already gives away to the readers that she'll be bumping into her ex. If you closely take a look at it, you'll notice an error. Women instead of woman.

The questions that you added, "What will happen to Lexi? Will she find love again? Will she bump into her ex or still be the single women?" should be in a separate paragraph.

A lot of people here on Wattpaders read a book only after reading through the description. If it's not intriguing, they'd not read it. (I'm not an exception.)

Chapter Review: 6/10

The book is really interesting. Some scenes were really hilarious, while some almost brought me to tears.

The problem here is that there's a lot of errors. At times you use the plural form of a a word instead if the singular. A lot of tense shifts. Some sentences you made just seemed completely off.

I noticed that you wrote Chapter 4 then, Chapter 5: part 2. I don't know if this was done intentionally. But to me and anyone else that notices that, it's a mistake.

Due to these errors, I wasn't really able to flow with the story.

Activity of the Writer: 10/10

The writer is really active. Always responding to all messages on both her comment and conversation box.

Plot: 8/10

It's a really great story that you've put together. The idea is really creative. Other than those errors you've made, the book seems to be great.

I'll recommend this book to all Wattpaders because even with the errors, I love the idea.

Overall Advice:

My advice to you is to make a date and majorly edit this book. Both the description, and each and every chapter of this book.

I'll like to apologize if you found my review a bit too harsh.

That aside, I'll be giving this book a 7/10.