Halcyon Days

Reviewed by: Annie_Moon2001

Author: MimzieMay

Cover: 7/10 

Two words. Needs work. I know it might sound harsh but I'm being honest. When I saw your cover, it took me a lot of time to muster up the courage to read it. It's not that the cover looks scary or something, it just seems boring. I literally ate my words after reading the book and I must say, you need to work on your cover. 

Description/Summary: 9.5/10 

I love your description. On reading it, I became really eager to read it. It still needs a little brush-up.(Just editing). Plus, the first sentence, "*characters swear a lot*" should be removed. If you feel like there's a need for it which I highly doubt, place it at the ending. Rating the book as mature should get it across to readers that they should be expecting swears and intense scenes. (My opinion. It's totally up to you whatever you decide.) 

Chapter Review: 8/10 

It's really interesting. I found the name switch really frustrating. I get that you explained it before hand but, it's sorta hard to catch on. Your grammar and spellings are totally on point. 

Activity of the Writer: 9/10 

There are no comments in the comment box. But there are a lot in the conversation box. The writer tries and much as possible to interact with readers. She didn't respond to some of her messages. 

Plot: 10/10 

The plot is really good more like great. It's totally different from the books I've read so far. Like ever. I've watched movies that are like this but never read a book with such setting or theme. So, I have to say that I'm impressed. I'm always picky with books I like and this book really surpassed my expectation. Good job! 

Overall Advice: 

First, you need to work on your cover. You can't let it ruin such a great work. I mean your book is really good. The grammar is on point. Even if I find that name switch frustrating, I'm sure you'd work on it immediately you figure out which name is the best fit. So, for now work on that cover. Also, when doing that, be sure to add your name.Finally, I'm always keen on advicing writers to reply to all comments and messages. Please do try your best to do that. 

That all aside, I'll be giving this book a 9/10.