Complicated

Reviewed by: smilesandlullabies

Author: VilahCruz

Cover : 2/10

I do not like your cover at all. SORRY. But I look at it, and I know that I would never ever click on to read your book, based off your cover. The title is very cliché, and I'm judging this BEFORE reading your story, as any reader would. Also, the colour of the title doesn't work, it makes it look dull and your subtitle is unreadable for this reason too. I think that the photo used is quite tacky, and the cover just isn't creative at all.

Description/Summary : 10/10

I love it! It's so different - I've never read anything like it! Your description is so original and creative, and would definitely intrigue a reader - so well done!

Chapters Review

One - 9/10

Started off so well! It was very intriguing and your writing style is nice and chatty, I love the informality of it, it was lighthearted and entertaining throughout! The only reason that this didn't get a ten was because of the grammatical errors, usually if there's a few it doesn't really matter, but there was a lot more than just a few.

Two - 10/10

So if you made any grammatical mistakes in this chapter - I didn't notice! Honestly, very well written, very nice, short, witty and entertaining.

Three - 9/10

Good, but it feels like these chapters are finishing a lot quicker with each one I read - are they getting shorter?! Nonetheless, good content, it was great!

Four - 10/10

The length really picked up in this chapter, probably the longest one so far! The amount of content you managed to execute in this chapter was excellent too - and again, I'm not seeing any grammatical issues, any more!

Five - 10/10

Very good, and for me, it felt like this is where the story really started. We got an insight into Rita's last which was very interesting.

Activity of Writer : 5/10

So you have a fair amount of comments on your book, but what I'm seeing is selective replies. Of course, not all comments can be replied to but there are plenty of comments which CAN be replied to - writer/reader engagement is just very important in securing yourself a fan base.

Plot : 10/10

I like that this whole story is building up to the arrest of Rita, who is being accused of murdering someone. I like how the story itself is written in such a way that it leaves the reader wondering HOW could she be accused of murder? And WHO is murdered? That intro is just a FAB way to keep readers on their toes.

Overall Advice :

One thing, I think that you should definitely do, is redo the cover. It doesn't do your book any justice! Because you have such a good story, and I'm sorry but your cover is awful. I'd recommend that you explore some graphic shops on wattpad, - there are lots of people that would be willing to create the perfect cover for you! Also, the grammatical issues in the first few chapters, after reading five, they do seem very minor now. However, new readers may be put off by this so I think that you should just make some minor tweaks there. My final piece of advice is to keep writing. I love your informal style, it's incredibly unique and the way you describe your characters is brilliant - (I loved Rita!). I found myself adding your book to my library because I am honestly intrigued, and will definitely be reading more of this!

Overall Rating : 9/10, and I couldn't give it a ten, because of the cover - sorry!