Chapter 23

IM LOOKING FOR A MIND AT WORK WORK

××Laurens POV××

"Oh. My. Goodness."

I began to laugh with Alexander.

"It's not funny!" Herc yelled at us.

Right in front of us, we saw Hercules stuck in the oven. That's it. He was crawled up inside the oven.

"How did this happen?" Alex laughed.

"Well, Hercules and I were playing hide and seek and we decided to make it really hard. So he decided to go into the oven. After a while of not finding him I decided to cook some bacon so he would come to the kitchen. The oven kept getting hotter and in the end Hercules was screaming for me to stop and that's when I found him." Laf explained, a worried look plastered on his face.

"Wow. Well let me examine you." I said as I walked up to the oven.

He had small burns on his sides which needed immediate attention and he was tightly stuck.

"Call the ambulance and fire station. Forget about the police we don't need them all." I said as Laf nodded and went to the phone.

"It hurts John." I heard Herc mutter.

"Don't worry buddy. We will get you out of there in no time!" I reassured him as Alexander smiled and nodded.

And apparently in no time, the ambulance and fire department came.  Makes sense, I mean they both are 5 minutes apart.

Convenient.

"Please move aside gentlemen." We saw some large men walk in with saws in their hands. The fire department. The medics were waiting on the side, ready to take Hercules.

"IF YOU PUT A SINGLE CUT ON MY SKIN YOU ARE GOING-" Herc screamed.

"Calm down, sir. We won't." One man chuckled.

They quickly sawed off the top of the oven and helped Hercules get out.

The medics layed him on a cot and quickly rolled him out.

"We will make sure the college gives funds for your oven, boys." One firefighter said as the group all walked out.

The whole process took 10 minutes.

Real convenient.

"We best get going back to our own dorm. I have some things I need to do." I nodded my head as Alexander and I said our goodbyes too Lafayette.

"What else is left? We already packed your stuff." Alexander looked at me with a confused look on his face.

"Alexander. I just got a call from the airline. The flight in the next two days got canceled since the weather calls for extreme thunderstorms. They put the flight for today. I leave for the airport in 1 hour." I frowned.

"1 hour?! That's only enough to sit and watch an episode of F.R.I.E.N.D.S!" He yelled.

"Calm down. On the other hand, I will come back 2 days earlier." I tried to lighten the situation.

Alexander wouldn't talk to me. When we got to our dorm he layed on his bed and turned his back to me.

"Alexander, please don't get mad." I frowned.

"Why shouldn't I?"

"It's not my fault it got cancelled. Maybe it was for the best. Something bad could've happened that day."

"I guess so."

I chuckled a bit. It was unlike Alex to give in so easily.

"I'm only saying so, because it's you." I muttered.