Chapter 26

Sorry for no other updates!! It's my mom and dad's anniversary, I've been busy with...other stuff, and my sisters birthday too!
But on a quick note: We are almost to 1K Views?!

Warning: Includes gunshots, fire and other stuff which you might not like. Sorry. You will see why.

××Alexander's POV××

I woke up the next morning to loud alarms.

"John? What's happening?" I sprang up out of bed.

I could hear people screaming, gunshots, and I smelt fire.

"Alexander! I got everything we need and put them in our backpacks! Let's go!" John yelled to me as he gestured for me to hurry up to the door.

I quickly put on my shoes and when we opened the door I was speechless.

People were running around, and down the stairs. I could see fires from other dorms. There with tear bombs.

"Hold my hand!" John held it out.

"No, you go! I'll protect you!"

"Alex! I am never going anywhere without you!" He yelled over the screaming.

"And neither am I." I held his hand as we ran through the crowd and to the elevators.

Everyone was using the stairs, but we saw the open doors of the elevator so we ran right into it.

"Scan your student card!" I quickly told John.

Once he did, an electronic button appeared on elevator, labeled 'bunker' and I quickly pressed it causing the glass doors to close.

The bunker was basically the college's secret underground room where it could fit all the students in the time of an emergency.

"What do you think is happening?" I looked nervously at John as we traveled down.

"When you were asleep, a notification was sent to all phones that there is going to be someone bombing the school in 5 hours. But I guess that group came a bit earlier to cause some more havoc." John shook his head.

Suddenly the elevator stopped.

"What's wrong?" I said as the elevator shook.

"The cords breaking!" John yelled as he tried to open the elevator doors.

"We have to get out!" I yelled.

Quickly, John held me up as I punched open the top escape door of the elevator.

3 of the 4 cords had already broken. The 4th one was already in the process.

We grabbed onto the 4th one by the part that wasn't going to break off. The elevator was about to fall any second. We both looked at each other with intense fear. I was on so much pain, from holding onto the rope.

And just like that the elevator fell.

"Alexander! Are you still there?" John said as a loud crash was heard.

"I'm right in front of you! I can't see you though!" I replied.

"We need to go to that door!" I saw John point towards the glass door, 3 feet down.

"Hold my hand, and then break it with a kick." I explained to him as I slid down the rope, grasping his arm.

"O-okay!" He coughed.

He held my hand tight and let go of the rope.

"I need momentum! Swing around with the rope!" John yelled.