Chapter Three

Our fancy dinner consists of two of his recent star pupils. A pretty girl no older than seventeen and a young guy in his twenties. Both glare daggers at me as Hoseok pretends to shower me with affection and love.
      He orders the most expensive meal for me and feeds me lovingly. His gaze daring me to object or make a scene. The girl pouts as Hoseok slides his palm into mine.
      "Jiminie, baby, this is Loona and Hoshi. They are the stars of their groups. My best students." He cheers.
     I force a smile and shake their hands. "Nice to meet you. Hoseok speaks highly of you two." I've never heard of either of them before. They seem appeased by the praise, however.
      God, I can't believe my husband is fucking a minor. No way he isn't. The way she looks at him gives it all away. So obvious it makes me sick. They're disgusting.
      I don't really pay attention to the idle chatter going on around me until Hoseok excuses himself to the restroom. Rolling my eyes as, not a minute later, Hoshi also excuses himself as well. Are they seriously going to fuck in the bathroom here?
     I finish my meal and pretend to care about Loona's studies as her eyes anxiously move between me and the bathrooms.
      I grit my teeth as they return several long minutes later and he has the nerve to kiss my cheek. I want to throw up. God knows where his mouth has just been. I dig my nails into my thigh and fake my happiness to all those watching eyes.
     I just want to go home. Finally, Loona announces her parents might get worried if she isn't home soon so Hoseok offers to take her home after dropping me off. I hide the bitter sickening look on my face as I stand and let him put his arm around me.
     He walks me to the car and helps me in before helping her into the backseat. The backseat I'm sure they've already fucked in several times.
      She giggles cutely, ignoring me until we reach our house. Her smug expression isn't lost on me as he drops me off with a kiss goodbye.
     I wave them off, wishing it were for good, before walking into the house and slamming the door behind me. Sliding to the floor, I force myself to get it together.
     This is nothing. As long as he's distracted then he won't hurt me. This is a good thing. A reprieve for me. Maybe he will forget I exist. Maybe he will fall for one of them and divorce me and move on. I could dream, right? I used to do it all the time. What hurt could it do when I'm here alone with just my thoughts...

     I don't go to bed. Instead, I sleep on the couch, only waking hours later when he finally gets home. He ignores me and walks straight into the bedroom. God, he smells like sex and sweat. It's so strong. Gross.
     I roll over and cover my face with my pillow, willing him to just let me be and go to sleep. Thankfully, luck is on my side and he doesn't come back out. I relax and slowly allow myself to fall back into a decent dreamless sleep.
The next morning is just as irritating and bleak. Hoseok is annoyed and yelling at me for everything in his life that's gone wrong. I ignore it and make breakfast. What else can I do?
Because of him I have no job, no friends, and no life outside of him. I used to think he didn't want me to work because he wanted to spoil and cherish me. He used to say that if I worked I'd get too stressed and stop being so pretty.
Somehow I found that romantic. God, I was such an idiot. So stupid. He was slowly trying to take everything away from me and give himself all the power and it worked so well. I really am stupid like he says. Anyone else would have saw that but I was too love struck and happy to realize.
I frown as my husband walks into the kitchen shirtless with new hickies all over his neck and chest. He actually smiles at me as he grabs his juice. He must have had some mind-blowing sex last night to still be in a good mood now. I won't complain.
I eat in silence while he talks animatedly about the dance recital coming up. Apparently it's a big deal and will put his name on the map if his pupils make it.
I congratulate him quietly. It feels a little like old times, when we actually loved each other. When it wasn't forced and we were generally happy. It feels strange.
"Tomorrow night is the concert. I want you with me." He says.
My eyes widen in surprise. "But you never want me around your work." I say.
He frowns. "Well you are my husband, right? This is a huge deal to me. It benefits you as well."
I nod. "I know that. I was just surprised is all." I admit, getting up to clean our plates.
I can feel him looking at me as I wash the dishes. I jump when his arms close in around me, his mouth kissing gently on my neck. "Why are you so pretty? It seems that you only get more attractive as time goes by." He sighs, tightening his grip on me.
I swallow hard, hands shaking.
"I think I'd die without you in my life, Jimin. Do you know how much I love you? I'd go crazy if you ever left me or found someone else." He nibbles on my earlobe. "I'd kill over you, do you know that? If you ever left me..." he sucks in a deep breath. "I don't know what I'd do." He forces me around to face him, his eyes burning intensely into mine. "You're mine, Jimin. You can't look at anyone else but me. You can't let anyone touch you but me."
I nod, ducking my head.
His grip becomes bruising. "I'm glad you understand." He kisses my head before finally releasing me and I slump against the sink. "If you ever forget that...I'd think I'd have to kill you. If I can't have you then no one can."