Chapter Twenty One

It's so weird sitting across from Hoseok. It's been so long. He keeps smiling the old smile I remember but there's something about it. An underlying to it somehow...maybe I'm being paranoid, though.
     "You truly look amazing, Jimin. You glow. I guess I was wrong about you and Yoongi. Maybe that's why we never worked out. It was never meant to."
     I pause, surprised. "Thanks. I'm really happy."
     "I can tell. It suits you. If only I could have a second chance..." He chuckles, shaking his head. "I've made so many mistakes. I'd like to change so much."
      I shiver, his words hitting much too close to home. "Yeah. If only everyone could get second chances." I mumble.
     "Are you finished? Why don't we go walk for a bit?"
     I nod and the server takes our food. He pays the check then grabs my bags for me again and together we walk down the strip, staring out at the nice water view. I chew on my bottom lip with nerves, not knowing what to say.
     Silence goes on for a long time but it's nice. Not tense. We end up just walking around the bridge then turn back to where we started for like thirty minutes.
     "Do you live around here?" He asks.
     "Not too far."
     He nods, handing me the bags back. His hand slowly caresses over the back of him before releasing me. His eyes glued to mine. "Min Yoongi is one lucky man." He whispers. "I really missed out, Park." He chuckles to himself.
     I look away. "I really wish you well, Hoseok."
     He smiles widely, looking around. "Thanks, Jimin. I hope that we could...regain our friendship. I liked this."
      I smile in return. "Me, too."
     "Tell Yoongi I said hello."
     "I will." He pulls me into a hug and I can't help but be pulled into memories as well. He smells exactly the same as before. It's comforting and yet disconcerting at the same time. After he's gone, I walk back home to find Yoongi waiting for me.
      He looks up in concern. "You okay?"
      I frown. "Why wouldn't I be?"
      He shakes his head and pulls me into a hard hug. "I've been worried sick about you, baby. Where have you been?!"
      My frown deepens. "What? I texted you..."
      "You did? I didn't get anything. I've been here waiting for hours. Where were you?"
     I hesitate. "I was...eating lunch with Hoseok. I texted you so you wouldn't worry."
      He looks surprised. "Jung Hoseok? Why were you with him?"
      "I ran into him and he asked me to lunch to catch up. I'm sorry I worried you." He looks away and I can sense he's angry. "Are you mad?"
      "Did he try anything?" He demands.
      "No. He told me to tell you hello. He was...very nice and friendly." I admit.
     He studies me for any deception in my words. Finally he relaxes, nodding. "Alright. God, I was so afraid something happened to you." He kisses me. "I don't know what I'd do if I lost you, Min."
     I clench my hands in his shirt. "I'm here. I'm sorry I worried you."
     He swoops me into his arms and carries me to the bedroom where he has a tray of desserts and fruits laid out on the bed. I squeal happily as he drops me down and sits beside me. "Early anniversary present." He whispers into my ear.
      I snuggle into his lap while he feeds me strawberries and chocolates and little cakes. It's yummy. "God, you've become a sap." I snicker.
     He glares at me, tickling my sides. "Excuse me, shorty?"
      "You're like barely an inch taller. Shut up!"
      He scoffs. "You know...I kinda miss my carrot top. My Cheeto head." He laughs, ruffling my boring brown hair.
     I roll my eyes. "I haven't done that in years. Why now?"
      He shrugs. "I don't know...just thinking about the old days. When you tried to be rebellious." He teases.
     I huff, offended. "The most rebellious thing I did was date you and look where that's gotten me."
      He nods solemnly. "I know, right? An amazing career, a smoking hot husband, a shit ton of money, and a nice home and life. Miserable, I say! Demand a refund!"
     "I hate you." I smack him.
      He grabs my hands, lacing our fingers together. "Just goes to show you should never judge a book by its cover. You could totally be married to Hoseok right now." He wrinkles his nose. "Ugh."
      I smile, slowly eating my cake. "Amusing." But it's really not. If only I paid more attention to myself the first time. Maybe I wouldn't be worried so much about time. Maybe I would have lived with Yoongi until old age or something.
     "You okay? You look sad."
      I shake my head. "I'm good. So, what's the plan for tomorrow night?" I ask.
      He chuckles. "You'll have to wait, baby. It's a surprise."
      "Maybe we should pretend to be high school students again and relive our glory days." I raise my brows suggestively.
      He laughs. "And bring back my little hot head? You just want to fuck on the school roof again, right?"
      I gasp. "That was not my idea! We almost got caught!"
    "Not my fault you have weird exhibitionist kink and a loud fucking mouth. God, you were so much trouble."
      I cross my arms angrily. "Hey!"
      He tackles me to the bed and begins kissing on my neck. "I'm kidding. I loved every second with you. I regret nothing." He pauses. "Except maybe never fucking you in the hallway like you wanted that time..."
      I groan loudly. "Just shut up and kiss me, Min."