Chapter Twenty

"Hello again."
I blink in the darkness, frowning at the familiar dark form in front of me. Miya. "Am I..."
She smiles, removing her hood. "You are still alive. You've seemed to do very well for yourself, Jimin. Living out your dreams, I see."
I fidget uncomfortably under her kind and yet still somehow formidable gaze. "Yes. I'm happy."
"It's good to hear that."
"Why are you here? I still have five years left." I say cautiously.
It's already been ten years since I went back and started my journey with Yoongi. Seven years since I married him and we started our careers. Five years since I began traveling with the other famous dancers and Yoongi began creating his music for the world to hear.
Six years since my best friend married and adopted two children with his partner. So many amazing years that I never thought I'd be lucky enough to experience.
     Her smile widens. "I'm...oddly attached to you. Is it wrong to check up and see how you're doing? I'm impressed. Many people do not wisely use their second chances as well as you have. It pleases me."
      I glance around at the pitch black surroundings. "Am I dreaming or is this real?"  
      "Both. You are indeed sleeping but this is very real. As real as your second life."
     Nodding, I sit down and study her...it...whatever it is...apparition? "I'm happy..." I begin again. "Soon I'll be performing in all the places I could only dare to dream about in the past. Thank you for giving me this chance."
      Her eyes twinkle. "That pleases me. I've brought you here for a reason. Because of my...fondness of you, I wish to give you a little advice."
      My brow creasing, I swallow hard. "W-what is it?"
      She paces slowly before me. "Tomorrow evening...you and your partner will attend an event. Do not go."
      "Why not?"
      "Just trust me. Do as I say and you shall not regret it. Stay home." She stresses.
      I nod. "Okay. We'll stay home."
      "Very good. I will release you now into your dreams. Pleasant night, my charge."

     I wake in a cold sweat, my body jerking in the dark. Yoongi stirs beside me and wraps his arms around me as I pant.
    "What's wrong, baby?"
     I pull him closer and cling onto him. "J-just a dream." I whisper, closing my eyes and losing myself in his scent, slowly calming down my racing heart. "What time is it?"
      He looks behind me. "Mhm, just after four in the morning. I have to get ready to leave soon." He sighs, kissing my cheek.
     Nodding, I slowly rest back against the headboard as he gets up to grab me a glass of water. I admire his lithe form as he turns on the hall light. Even after ten years he looks just as breathtakingly gorgeous as before.
     He smiles and hands me the glass, sitting beside me and taking my hand, kissing my ring finger.
     I gulp down the entire thing then curl back into his arms. "I don't want you to go." I pout.
     He scoffs. "We both know you do. I have to go make us that amazing money that lets you go on those fancy shopping trips you and Tae go on every week." He teases.
     I roll my eyes. "It's not my fault he favors Gucci. I beg for Saint Laurent but he refuses to step foot in such a shop."
     Smirking, he kisses me. "If you say so but I have to admit...those fancy clothes look much better coming off you than on." He winks.
     Shivering, I settle in his embrace. "Our anniversary is coming up." I mumble.
      He chuckles. "So it is. Tomorrow."
     Smiling at the fact he remembered—even though he really always does—I turn in his arms to face him. "I want us to just stay home."
      He frowns. "What? Why? I've been planning tomorrow's event for nearly a month. You've been looking forward to it for so long." He argues.
     "I know. It's just...I want it to just be me and you. I've been thinking about it and we've both been so busy lately that we haven't been able to properly spend any time together. I just want tomorrow to be about us. No work, no formals, no other people. Just us."
     He sighs. "If that's what you want. I love you, Min."
     I will never, never get tired of hearing him say that. So many memories. My lips twitch. "Love you, too, Min."
      All too soon he leaves for work and I ready myself for practice before meeting Taehyung and Jungkook out for lunch.
      While waiting for them, I go shopping. I stop short, however, just leaving the last shop when I see a familiar face smiling at me from the window. Jung Hoseok. God, it's been so long since I seen him.
     Considering all that trouble he went through with his ex and the jail time, he looks relatively well. A nice dress suit to fit his handsome visage. "Park Jimin." He laughs.
     I clear my throat. "Actually it's...Min Jimin." I clarify, shaking his hand.
     His eyes widen in surprise. "Wow. I guess congratulations? Can't believe you two stuck it out this long. It's been what? Almost ten years."
      I smile. "Yup. Been married for seven years now. Our anniversary is actually tomorrow night."
      He beams. "Any kids?"
      My smile dims. "N-no. We're focusing on our careers right now." I explain. I don't want to think about the fights we'd broken into after Tae and Jungkook adopted. Yoongi actually wants kids. It hurts that I can't—won't—give him that.
      "Oh. You still dancing?"
      "Yes." We begin walking down the street. I can feel his eyes on me, on my body.
      "I can tell. You were always fit but damn...you look amazing, Jimin."
      I blush. "T-thanks." I think I look exactly the same from when he used to call me a fat pig and whore but I ignore that.
      "Do you still do choreography?" I ask, actually curious.
      He sighs. "Not much. In my spare time but now I just mostly work on my business. I opened my own real-estate company. Sunshine Realties." He smiles.
     I laugh, actually really happy for him. "Wow. That's amazing, Hobi. I'm glad for you."
      He ducks his head. "Thanks. Look, I know that we haven't seen each other in so long so can I maybe...take you out to lunch and we can catch up? I haven't seen anyone from high school in so long. It's nice. It's all on me."
     I hesitate but end up relenting. "Sure."
      Grinning, he takes my bag for me and we walk into a nice formal restaurant. I text Taehyung and cancel our plans then text Yoongi to let him know. I won't lie to him. I'm sure he won't be happy but he trusts me like I do him.
     We take our seats and order our food. He rests his chin on his clasped hands, staring at me. "So...how has the last decade been for you?"