Chapter Thirty

It's a lot harder than one would think—swiping your partner's phone. I've never noticed before just how...attached he is to the stupid device.
It takes every bit of my creative mind to get him to part from it for a few minutes. I try all morning before asking him to drive me to rehearsal since my ass still throbs.
He agrees and remains just as touchy and affectionate as always which still throws me off but then I think about it...of course it's to throw me off. He wouldn't want me suspicious if he is cheating.
I demand on the way to stop and get me coffee and a snack for which—rolling his eyes—he does so as well. I smile widely as he leaves me in the car with the precious phone to get my order.
I unlock it and immediately go to his messages. We know each other's passwords because we've always had that much trust. Stings a little now but I force past it.
My eyes zoom in on one name. Jonghyung. Terrified but needing to know—and quickly—I click on the message log. These were sent just this morning. While I was showering...after our passionate love making...

Jonghyung:
7:15 am seen.

I'm tired of everything. When are you going to stop denying what happened between us?

Yoongi:
7:16 am seen

Stop! Just stop! There is nothing between us anymore! Nothing left to say. I love Jimin. He's my husband for fuck's sake. I'm not leaving him.

Jonghyung:
7:18 am seen

You're a coward and a liar. You lied to him in high school and you're lying to him now. Is that how your treat the man you call your husband. Why can't you just admit he doesn't make you feel like I can anymore. I gave you up years ago but us meeting again like this after so long was meant to happen. Just admit you feel something! You wouldn't have kissed me like you used to if you didn't.

Yoongi:
7:20 am seen

I'm done talking about this. It was a mistake. I regret it and it won't happen again. I think it's best you stay away from me. I'm not leaving Jimin.

Jonghyung:
7:25 am seen

You're such a hypocrite Min Yoongi. Jimin doesn't even know the real you. The real reasons you worship the ground he walks on. It's because you're a fucking liar. You've been a liar your whole relationship! Just admit what we both know—you don't love him anymore.

Yoongi:
7:30 am seen

I do love him.

Jonghyung:
7:32 am seen

If you really loved him then you would have told him the truth long ago. If you really loved him you wouldn't have stayed with me—

I drop the phone as Yoongi opens the driver door and climbs in. It's a losing battle between my tears and my rage as I turn away from him. I can feel his eyes on me but I don't look at him, I can't.
All along. I knew there was something between them but he's lied and denied it for over a decade. A fucking decade! Cheated on me several times throughout our relationship...starting in high school?
How many people knew about them sneaking around but denied it to my face? Does Taehyung know the truth?
I've never felt more humiliated and betrayed in my life. Never felt more worthless, not even with Hoseok. I clench my fists as Yoongi takes me the rest of the way to work. I've lost my appetite but still grab the bag and my coffee without a word to him as he looks at me in confusion.
"Jimin...what's wrong, baby?"
I scoff, leaning down to grab the phone where I dropped it on the floor. I toss it to him with the messages still open. He looks shocked as he glances between me and the phone. Swallowing hard, he reaches for me but I step away from him. I'm disgusted by him. For the first time since he'd hooked me...I don't feel anything towards him.
Oh, I'm sure that will change soon but for now I'm glad to be numb. To be so angry and pissed off that no other emotion could possibly burst through the wall I have built.
I smirk. "All this time I thought you were different from my ex but you know what?" I laugh bitterly, glaring into his eyes. "You're way worse, Min. I w-wish...I wish I never fucking met you." I slam the car door so hard it rattles on the henges.
I walk as fast as I can as I hear his door open and his pleading voice begging me to come back to talk. Fuck. Him.
     I fucking trusted him! The bastard!
    I refuse to give him the satisfaction of watching me break down. All those fights and all this time—I was right! I was right.
      I wish I wasn't. God, how many fucking times can one person be broken? I knew the moment Jonghyung came into our lives—a realization comes to me and I stop. Did he know Jonghyung before we ever got together?
      He said that he let Yoongi go for me. What does that even mean?! I knew karma was going to pay me back I just didn't realize it was already happening and my entire life is a lie!
      "Jimin!" Yoongi yells for me as I rush into the building. He sounds desperate.
     I run into the elevator and push the button to close the door before he can reach me. Grimly looking back at my reflection through the metal. I gave him everything. My entire life and trust and body and heart and soul. Everything.
       He has them in his possession so...how the hell does one learn to live without such essential things? I snort, smirking at my darkened rippling reflection. That's right, I'm already a dead man walking. I suppose it's only fitting that he destroys me mentally before killing me physically, hm?
      I laugh.
      I laugh because...I'm so sick of fucking crying. He doesn't deserve my tears. Never did and never will see them again. I laugh for wasting my life once again.
     I was always right. Some things are just never meant to be.