Epilogue

When I come to, a bright light blinds my eyes as I blink and choke, coughing up massive amounts of water as people rush around me and the loud sirens deafen me. Red and blue lights invade my vision as I struggle to breathe through the agony coursing through my body. Someone is pounding painfully on my chest.
     "Breathe!"
     "I have a pulse! He's waking!" Someone yells. I try to understand what's going on.
     I'm cold and icy water freezes my body as a hot blanket is thrown around my shoulders. Hoseok's tear streaked face is suddenly in front of me and he wraps his arms around me. I close my eyes and breathe in his familiar scent.
What's...going on? I try to speak but my throat is raw and nothing comes out but more water.
"Jimin, baby, I'm so so sorry. God, I can't believe I almost lost you! I swear to you I'll never hurt you ever again! Fuck, I can't lose you." He sobs, holding me tightly. He's wet, too.
I'm so confused. I'm removed from his arms and rushed to the hospital to get a thorough check up. I pass out on the way there.

When I wake again, I'm warm and dry in a hospital bed. I'm also in immense pain. I look around to see Hoseok sleeping slumped over the bed of my bed, looking rough and exhausted.
I check myself over. My ribs are broken and a wrap is holding me together. I look like I went through a blender. Cut up and bruised on every inch of my body. I cough and Hoseok stirs.
He sits up and rubs his eyes. Gasping as he sees me. "You're awake? Let me get you some water!" He rushes up and hands me a glass, helping me drink.
     It's strange. I can't come to terms with what's happening. "W-what h-happened?" I rasp out.
      He sighs, grasping my hand. "Jimin, you were in an accident. God, I'm so so stupid. I hate myself. I never should have left you. Please forgive me." He pleads. "I came back, though. When I was walking up the parking lot to get you, I saw you g-get hit by a car. I didn't think—I just jumped in after you." He takes a deep breath.
      I hold my breath.
     "I've treated you like shit for years and I just didn't realize what you truly meant to me until I was about to lose you. It truly opened my eyes. If you...give me one chance to make things right...please don't leave me and I'll cherish you for the rest of our lives. I'll never ever touch you in anger again. I'll never cheat on you or cause you pain. I'll only look at you. Please...please don't leave me." He begs, crying.
      I blink. "Y-Yoongi..."
      He wipes his face. "Oh yeah. The guy that hit you? God, it's so horrible. Apparently the guys's partner had a seizure and caused the accident."
      I can't breath. I choke back a sob. "Are they..."
     He sighs. "They didn't make it. Couldn't get out of the car." He frowns.
      My heart breaks into a million pieces. "N-no. No! He was r-reaching for me..."
      He sniffles. "Baby, that was me. As soon as you went in I jumped in and got you. Someone called for help and rescued the both of us. I'd rather die than live without you."
       Realizing comes to me. "It was you. All along it was you..."
      He nods. "I know I'm a piece of shit. I'm a monster and I wouldn't blame you for leaving me. I hate myself so much but I know now how fucked up I am and I will never be that way again. I'll get help. I'm gonna change for you, Jimin. I promise you that." He raises my hand to kiss my ring. The ring he got me. Because I'm still married to Hoseok. Not Yoongi.
      It wasn't real. It was never real. But...how could it not be? Did I imagine a whole other life with the boy I barely knew from high school the few moments I was declared dead....
      The heartbreak is real, though. I allow Hoseok to kiss me and hug me and continue to plead for my forgiveness. I look over his shoulder to see Miya smiling at me from the corner. She nods in encouragement.
      I close my eyes, sobs wracking my body as I let all my misery out. I can't believe this...
     "I f-forgive you, Hoseok." I whisper brokenly.
     He pulls back, shocked. "Really, Minie?" He caresses my face being careful not to hurt me. "I'm never gonna take you for granted ever again. I swear on my life." He vows.
      I nod. "I believe you."
      "I love you, Jimin. When you get better I want to help you get dancing again. You can still have your dreams, baby. I know I ruined everything for you but no more. I'll make it all better."
     I'm numb. The loss of Yoongi is hard to let go. Even if I never actually had what I thought I did with him in the first place. The pain is real even if our love wasn't.

     It takes me months to fully recover but Hoseok keeps his promise and drops everything to help me and be supportive. He hardly leaves my side and treats me like a king.
     "Baby, can you hand me that diaper?" He asks as I practice my stretches on my dance bar. Panic clear in his voice.
      I chuckle and toss him the diaper. My gaze falling to our small daughter that we adopted.
Yoongi and Jonghyung's daughter. We found out she survived the accident and I immediately filed for adoption. Hoseok didn't fight it. He agreed to do it if it made me happy.
      He's also been a shockingly great appa and husband so far even if she is someone else's. She's ours now. Our little miracle.
     I see so much of Yoongi in her as they used his DNA for the surrogate. I cherish her deeply and feel closer to him everyday.
      At least I know he's not alone. Perhaps he can live out his second chance now. I smile as Hoseok finishes the diaper change and puts his arm around my waist, kissing my cheek. "I love you, Minie."
      I look into his eyes, smiling. "I love you, too."
And I do. Perhaps I always loved him through it all...we just got lost. I have Yoongi to thank for reminding me of the power of love. I regret not getting to know him for real in high school but perhaps it was meant to be this way.
      They had their happiness and now I can have mine thanks to them. I can't wait until Jenny gets big enough for me to tell her great stories about her other appas. I want her to remember them the way I do and love them just as much as me.
      "You're my happiness, Jung." My husband whispers in my ear, making me blush.
     Sometimes when I look at him I see Yoongi looking back. It hurts but gives me reassurance as well that this is right. I made the right choice by giving him a second chance.
      "Yeah. You're my happiness, too."

THE END.