Chapter Fifteen

I press my lips together and stare at our clasped hands. "Why do you like me so much?" I blurt out. Stupid! I meant to say yes!   
    He tilts his head, studying me. "I don't know what it is. You're different, Park. Why do you like me? I mean, you must since you ditched school for me and, of course, let me take your virginity."
     I blush. "I d-don't really know."
     He snorts. "Nice."
    "Don't take it the wrong way! I do like you but I guess I haven't looked deep enough to reflect on it." I admit. 
     "Fair enough. Why did you turn down Hoseok? You said you changed your mind but why? Didn't you worship the ground he walked on?" He sounds maybe a little bitter.
      "I didn't worship him! It was just a normal crush." I sigh. "J-just...it's not want I want anymore."
     He nods. "So...you don't want to date anyone? So does that mean you're turning me down? Again?" He sits back and removes his hands.
     "No." I say way too fast making him smirk. "I didn't say that."
"Then...what do you say?"
I stare down at the table for a long time, thinking. What do I want? "I want to give this a shot but I don't think it will last. We're very different."
"We may be different but we both want the same things in life, Yeah?"
"What do you want out of life?" I ask curiously. I really don't know much about him.
"I want to work on music. I want to become somebody. Isn't that what you want with your dancing?"
I pause. It is what I want. What I've always wanted. "It is."
"So why couldn't this work?"
I have no answer for him. Well, I do but none that would make him think I was sane. I can't tell him the truth.
"Fine. I'm going to say yes but I'm making no promises." I tease.
He snorts. "Fair enough, Park."
Feeling bold and confident, I move over to his side of the booth and crawl into his lap, our lips inches apart. "You can call me baby."

"Why are we back here?"
I roll my eyes at...my boyfriend with a smile. "I'll skip class for you but not my dance practice. It's important to me."
He jerks me to a stop and pulls me close. Our lips meeting in a heated yet still mildly innocent kiss. "Okay. Want me to wait for you?"
"It's fine. You can go home. It won't end until late."
He frowns. "Watch our for Hoseok, Okay? I don't want him messing with you."
I smile. "I'm a big boy. I can take care of myself."
He scoffs. "Sure thing, short stuff."
I pout. "Shut up!"
"I'll be waiting when you get home, Alright?"
I nod. "Okay. My parents are on a business trip." I admit. "You can wait in my room if you want." I hand him my house key.
He takes it with a grin. "How domestic of you."
"Mhm hm."
"Go. Before you're late."
I pull him into one last kiss confidently before running towards the gym where we have a dance studio. Hoseok is probably already there waiting for me.
I find myself right. Hoseok is scowling when I walk in, dropping my bag. "Sorry."
He shakes his head, arms crossed. "I hope you're taking this seriously. I can't believe you skipped school!"
"It won't affect my dancing." I sigh. Getting into position, I wait for him to start. I can tell he's really upset but he hides it well and turns on the music, getting started on our new choreography.
As we're packing up a couple hours later, I avoid his judging gaze.
"So...I saw you."
I flinch. "W-what?"
"You and Yoongi? Really?"
I frown. "What about you and Yoongi? He told me you two dated and what happened. You really shouldn't cheat." It really hurts. Something I was never brave enough to tell him before.
"Is that what he told you?! He's a liar."
No, you are. "It doesn't matter anyway. Yes. Yoongi and I are dating." I admit. Happy to say it out loud.
He looks at me in disbelief. "You said you didn't want any relationship right now and that you just wanted to focus on dancing. You really going to give it all up for him?"
I shake my head. "Of course not. I'm going to keep working hard to reach my goal. Yoongi respects that and is fine with it."
"You thought I wouldn't be?" He asks, offended. It's so hard to place this Hoseok with the one I know so well. So many similarities but also so many differences. It's confusing.
I sigh. "I just think...we don't suit each other."
"We would make a hell of a lot more sense than you and Min Yoongi."
I grab my bags. "Look, I'm not going to argue about this. Can we just focus on dancing only?"
He angrily grabs his things. "Yeah, fine, whatever. Just don't fucking cry when he breaks your heart." He stomps out of the door.
I bite my lip and breathe in deeply. Maybe he's right and I will have my heart broken but I'm willing to take a chance. It can't hurt any worse than the horrible life I lived before. Some risks are worth taking.
Maybe...somehow...we can make this work. Besides, it's just dating. Not like we're in love or anything. Just simple infatuation mixed with a little teenage obsession and lust.
     Not like it's going to change my life that much.