Chapter Twenty Six

"I think Yoongi is cheating on me." I mumble as soon as I drop into my seat across from Taehyung.
He frowns up at me in shock, sipping his latte. "Why the hell would that nut cheat on you? You guys are like a dream power couple."
I sigh, twisting my own cup of mocha around in my hands. "It's just a feeling. You remember that guy he hung out with a lot in high school for awhile?"
He nods slowly. "The one you two fought over senior year and almost broke up over? That guy?"
I duck my head shamefully. So I'm a jealous and paranoid bitch. Can you blame after all I've been through and know?! "Yeah. Him."
He chokes. "He's actually seeing him again."
I scowl at his choice of words. "Apparently they work together now. Of course he didn't tell me. I found out at the performance."
He gasps. "Is that why you were so distracted and hurt yourself?!"
I nod. "They were sitting right next to each other! Not even trying to hide it!"
"Look, Jimin...I think you're blowing this way out of proportion. You know Yoongi loves you. That man is obsessed with you to the point it's almost unhealthy. He was so possessive of you in high school. If he didn't care he wouldn't have been like that."
Yeah, Hoseok was the same way. Possessive and abusive and a cheating dick. I sigh. "I just feel it. He's been working later and later recently and I know he has a lot of work and responsibilities but knowing that guy is there with him...really bothers me."
He nods. "Have you talked to him about this? How you feel?"
I scoff. "He knows exactly how I feel on the subject and doesn't care. He just says I should learn to trust him and blah blah blah."
He shakes his head. "I think he's trustworthy. I know you're scared. You've always been this way since you two started dating but even back then he never cheated on you with Jonghyung. Simply helped the guy out, right? He's got a lot of musical talent."
I glare. "Nice to see whose side you're on!"
He rolls his eyes. "You're being a baby about all this. If it really bothers you this badly you need to make sure Yoongi understands your stance and maybe set comfortable boundaries or something. Shouldn't you guys know how to handle your shit by now?"
I huff. "The problem is he's not taking me seriously! I'm trying to open up and let him know how I feel but he just shuts me down and says it's simply for work. Why can't he work with someone else!"
He hesitates, studying me. "What is it you actually have against Jonghyung? He's a nice guy. As far as I know he's never pursued Yoongi and has kept a respectable distance whenever I saw them together. You don't have a problem when he works with others...what is it?"
I stop short. I can't tell him that maybe Jonghyung might be Yoongi's soulmate. The guy he should have ended up with...I'll sound crazy but it never stops replaying in my head. I stole Yoongi from him and it bothers me. Like karma might come and wack me at any second.
I groan, dropping my head on the table. "I just...don't like it, okay!"
He holds his hands up in surrender. "Okay whatever. Can we eat now. I need cake with my tea, bitch." He chuckles.
"Clever."

When I get home later, it's dark and, of course, my husband isn't home yet. It's already six and he should have been off an hour ago. I walk into our bedroom and pull out a box from under the bed, carefully sliding the lid off and rummaging through the contents.
I find what I'm looking for. A ring. I study it in the dim bedroom light. I don't know why I never tossed it. I guess I just couldn't seem to let it go for some reason.
I don't even know why I have it. I found it in my bed not long after...I came back years ago. My wedding ring. The one Hoseok gave me in my previous life. I never understood why it came with me or why I felt the need to keep it.
Every time I would attempt to throw it out, I just couldn't let it go. Maybe it's a sign, I don't know. Sighing, I clench the small golden object in my fist.
My phone chimes and I grudgingly replace the ring back in the box and check the phone. Speak of the devil.
Hoseok.
Texting me. Asking me to meet him for shopping and dinner to catch up. Feeling selfish and upset at being ignored for so long by Yoongi, I quickly type back a reply.
Stupid but whatever. If Yoongi is going to spend time with someone I don't like then I'm going to do the same to him. It's only fair.
I shower and get ready, deciding on a nice cream sweater and dark ripped jeans that hug my thighs and ass perfectly nearing on inappropriate. Smirking at my reflection, I spray on my favorite cologne and head out to the meeting place, leaving Yoongi a note behind on the dresser.
"Hey! You made it!" Hoseok smiles widely and happily as I sit down across from him in the nice restaurant. We both decided to eat first then shop.
I study his form, noting he's healed up remarkably well and fast. He still has faint scarring on the left side of his face that won't heal from the fire but otherwise he looks the same. Still handsome.
I clear my throat. "Are you sure about this place? It's rather fancy..."
He waves off my concern. "It's fine. I really don't have anyone to spend my money on nowadays. Let me indulge, yeah?"
Shrugging, I let it go and order a nice steak with steamed veggies and a glass of wine. We get to chatting.
"So what are you doing now?" I ask, chewing my meal slowly and curious as to his future plans.
He smirks brightly. "I'm thinking of getting back into choreography. I haven't done it in a while but I never lost my passion for it. I think it's time to try again." He explains.
"I agree. It's never too late to live your passions." I smile.
He gives me a look of affection. "You've always understood me better than anyone else, Jimin. It's one of the things I truly loved about you."
I blush, looking down. "Anyone can have this mindset."
He shakes his head. "Maybe but I cant just talk to anyone like I can with you."
I open my mouth to speak when he frowns at something behind me. I nods. "Isn't that Yoongi?"
My head whips around so fast that I think I might have given myself a mild case of whiplash. My eyes widen as I see my very attractive husband being sat down a few tables down facing away from us. Who is he with, shall you ask? Fucking Jonghyung. I clench my fists and slowly turn back around. Forcing myself to not jump to conclusions but how can I not?
Giving Hoseok an apologetic look, I pull out my phone and text Yoongi asking when he's coming home. I pray. I pray with every fiber of my being that he will be honest with me. Everything rests on his reply.

Working late. Don't wait up.