Chapter Seven

I can't get Yoongi's last words and the look in Hoseok's eye out of my mind as I walk the rest of the way home. I don't know what to do. I don't want to lose Hoseok's friendship but I just can't go through what I did before. I don't deserve it.
     I loved him to the point of losing myself and hating myself. I forgot how to live and be happy just to please him. I gave him all of me and he greedily took it all without returning anything of himself to me. It was unfair.
      I let it go on far too long and let him push me around. I won't do that this time. I can't. I want to be happy.
      "Hey, what happened between you and Jung?" Tae asks as soon as I call him once in my room.
     I scowl at the wall. "Why did you tell him to ask me out?! I told you I didn't want to date!"
      He pauses. "I thought you were just being coy. Come on, Jiminie. You've talked nonstop about how hot he is and how much you want him to be yours for so long! Why have you suddenly changed your mind now?" He asks. "You've been acting so weird lately."
       I bite my lip and throw myself onto my back. "Tae...I'm just going through some things, okay? Just please give me a break. I seriously don't want to date Hoseok. Seriously." I repeat for good measure.
      He sighs. "Fine. Anyway..." he quickly changes the subject. "Uh, What do you think about Jungkook? Cute, right?"
     I smile. "You like him." I tease.
     "What! No..."
     "Liar."
     "Whatever. Hey...do you know if...Hoseok and Yoongi know each other well?" I ask, holding m breath.
      "What? Why?"
     "N-no reason. Just curious. They seem like they know each other or something." I mumble.
     He hums. "Well...I think I heard someone mention something about how they used to date or something a couple years back. Shocking, I know. They only lasted like a week or two and broke on bad terms. Fought a lot or something." He says, evasively.
      How have I never heard about this?! Hoseok has never once told me this in all our years together. Is this why they hate each other...but what does it have to do with me?
     "That's...insane."
     He laughs. "That's what I said. Soo...about Jungkook..."

I decide to make a change. A huge change. Strolling through the aisles with Tae, I stop at my destination. He gapes at me as I pick a box off the shelf with a smile.
"Uh, Jimin..."
"Hm?" I head towards the register and pay for my items.
He stares at me. "Who are you?" He grumbles as we head back to his place. He promised to help me.
I dump the items on his counter and sit down, removing my shirt so not to stain it. "Let's do this." I smile.
He picks up the dye with a grimace. "Okay, I get wanting a change and even dying your hair but...orange?"
I laugh. "Why not?" I counter.
"Touché." Chuckling, we get started creating the new Park Jimin.
When I'm finished, I'm so happy and pull out the secret second box I bought and chuck into Tae's hands. "You're turn!"
He gasps and looks at the silver hair dye. "Silver?"
"Trust me. You'll look amazing."
Griping, he sits while I work my magic. "It better."
"Promise."
I sleep over at Tae's house and we head to school together. Tae already eager to see Jungkook and his reaction to his change. He looks amazing, I can't deny it.
"You look like an anime character." I tease.

     "Yeah? Well you look like a Cheeto

"Yeah? Well you look like a Cheeto." He grumbles.
I laugh, running a hand through my hair.

     "A hot Cheeto, though, right?"      "The hottest

"The hottest." He winks.
Smiling, we enter the school and head to our lockers. Eyes all on us from every direction. I beam at the attention. After dating Hoseok in the past, he would never let me get attention and stand out. Always shoved me in the shadows.
I was meant for the spotlight. I was meant to dance but he never understood that or cared. "I guess you were right about the hair." He huffs.
I smirk. "Hey, there's Jungkook." I nod down the hall to the boy star struck by Taehyung.
He gasps and spins around, waving at his young crush. "Kookie!"
I roll my eyes as he runs off and I continue pulling out my school books. I feel a presence behind me. I glance over to see Yoongi leaning against the next locker, admiring me.
"Nice. Suits you, Park."
I snort. "Thanks, I guess."
"Trying to snag a new boyfriend, beautiful? Since you lost the other one."
I glare at him, closing the locker. I look in the direction he's motioning to and freeze. Wow. Hoseok is pressed against the locker making out with one of our classmates. He certainly moved on fast. I don't know how to feel about this...
"Just goes to show..." Yoongi clicks his tongue. "He obviously didn't care too much about you but then again he hasn't seen you're new look yet. Maybe he will come crawling back and begging for another chance."
I take a few deep breaths. "Why do you care either way? Is this about Hoseok? Do you want him back or something? He's all yours." I roll my eyes.
He laughs. "Hardly. That prick can suck my dick but then again he doesn't deserve the honor."
I snort in amusement. "I can't believe you two dated..."
He frowns, looking at me more seriously. "What did you say?"
"I said I can't believe you two dated."
"Who told you that?" He demands, sounding angry.
What's the big deal? I don't really want to rat Tae out... "Uh, I heard it around."
He narrows his eyes, pressing me back against the lockers. "Is that right?"
Swallowing hard, I nod, my eyes glued to his. "Y-yes."
     "Hoseok didn't tell you this?"
     My eyes widen. "No. He never said anything." Why is he so mad?!
     He reaches up to brush a lock of my new orange hair behind me ear. "Good. See you around, pretty boy."
    He releases me and stalks off down the hall. My eyes following him until he disappears. My head pounding the whole time. What is this?