Chapter Fourteen

I hate myself. I spent the rest of last night conflicted about what to do about Yoongi. He never returned home. I checked. Frequently.
Now I stand in the hall and stare at him from around a corner, afraid to put myself out there. Finally, I see him walk into our still empty classroom and force myself to make a move. I have to apologize.
I find him sitting in his normal seat like usual but this time he doesn't look at me nor make a snarky remark as I take my own seat.
"H-hey..."
He ignores me, standing up and moving over to the window. I watch in mild shock as he pushes the window up and pulls a cigarette out of his jacket.
"Y-you're smoking in school..."
He rolls his eyes. "What do you want, Park?"
I flinch. "C-can we talk?" I get up and move to his side.
He stares down at me without expression. "Now you want to open that mouth of yours?"
I swallow hard. Okay, I deserved that. "Yes. I want to apologize-"
"Don't bother. It's done and over with. I don't hold grudges nor do I concern myself with those obviously not wanting anything to do with me." He takes a long draw on his cigarette.
"I do! I'm sorry, okay. Will you please just let me explain myself?"
He snorts. "By all means..."
I look away, trying to gather myself and find the right words. I look up-
Only to frown in shock. He's gone. I search around only to realize he just climbed out the damn window! "Yoongi! Where are you going?!"
He smirks back at me. "Ditching. You want to talk then you have to come with me." He shrugs and begins climbing down the balcony.
Conflicted, I watch as he disappears from view. I've never once in my life ditched school before. The thought gives me a surge of anxiety.
Still, I find myself grabbing my bag and climbing out the damn window after him. Terrified of falling, I call out to him.
"Jump. I'll catch you." He calls back.
Feeling panicked as my fingers begin slipping, I have no choice but to trust him and let go. I scream loudly as he catches me perfectly in his arms. He kisses me hard to shut me up.
"God, you're fucking loud! Want to get us in trouble?" He puts me down. I touch my lips as he turns and begins walking on. I follow after him in nearly a daze.
"Wait up! Where are we going?" I ask, rushing to his side. He grasps my hand and we start running.
"We just have to get past security then we'll be home free. He usually takes a bathroom break around this time." He winks at me.
"You skip a lot?" I've never really noticed.
"Of course. What the fuck do I care about boring lectures. I usually only stick around to watch you." He admits, stopping and facing me.
I blush. "Y-you do? How long?"
He runs his thumb over my bottom lip. "Let's just say I probably know more about you than you do."
My lips drop open. "Is that not supposed to be creepy?" I tease but also serious. It's a little hot, though.
He lowers his face to mine and kisses me roughly, pressing me hard against the guard stand. My arms automatically go around him and he lifts me up by my thighs, wrapping them around him. "Creepy or not, it's true." He pulls away, panting. Our eyes never leaving the other. "I'm obsessed with you, Park. You just...never noticed me in the background."
For some reason this revelation hurts me deeply. How have I never paid attention to him? I didn't even know he lived right next to me. I don't seem to notice anything.
"I'm sorry." I whisper.
He gives me a small smile. "Tell me something...why did you say no to Hoseok? It was obvious that you liked him."
He sets me back down on my feet and we get moving out of the school and onto the street. Our hands clasped tightly together without noticing. "It's complicated. I j-just changed my mind, I guess. Let me ask you something." I shoot back.
He sighs. "You want to know the issue between Hoseok and I, right?"
I smile, nodding. "The curiosity is killing me."
"We did date a long time ago. In middle school all the way up to high school." He admits.
I gasp in shock. I mean, I kinda suspected but still. "You two are nothing alike! How? Why?"
He pulls me into a cafe and we sit in a corner booth away from others. "Hoseok used to be a lot different. Actually, I don't think he's changed, he just makes the appearance he's different. We both used to be outcasts and disliked. We stuck together and one thing led to another..." He shrugs.
"Why did you break up?" I ask, a little hesitant to hear his answer. Knowing what I know about how Hoseok treats his partners...namely me.
His mouth twists. "Once high school started, he got involved with the popular crowd and into working choreography. He started ignoring me more and more each day until I got sick of it. He never wanted anyone to know we were together. One day I went to the gym to confront him only to find him cheating on me with one of his dance partners."
My shoulder slump. I know what that feels like all too well...
"He even had the nerve to fucking lie to my face about it when his dick was practically still buried in the slut's body! I slapped the girl because she tried to talk shit and brag then Hoseok and I got into a fist fight. We've hated each ever sense."
I stare at him in shock. "You hit a girl?" Surprised...but not really surprised.
He smirks. "Did you expect anything else from me, Cheeto?"
I scowl. "Don't call me that."
He reaches across the table and takes my hand. "So how about...I call you baby, instead?"