Chapter Eight

"Do you want to go to Namjoon's party or not?" Tae groans, watching me fuss with my hair.
     I glance at him through the mirror. "I'm almost ready!"
     "So...you've never wanted to go to one of these before. Why now?" He asks.
     "I just wanted to do something fun."
     "Uhhh huh. Whatever. I'm just glad Kookie wants to go, too." He blushes.
     I smirk at him. "In love already?"
     He looks offended. "What?! No...but, I mean...he is major eye candy, right?"
     I nod. "He is cute."
     He beams and slings his leather jacket over his shoulders. "I'm really liking the hair. Thanks, by the way."
     "Anytime." I finish styling my hair and smile widely. "Let's go."

     Kim Namjoon, aka Joon, the most popular senior in school, throws the best parties every weekend. I never went to them before because it wasn't my scene but I was always curious what they were like. The kind of parties people gush over and prepare for all summer.
     Although Tae and I aren't exactly on the popular kid's radar, we aren't losers either. Hoseok is super popular and Namjoon is friendly with us as well, we just don't usually run in the same circles. No biggie.
      "Ooh, I'm so excited! I can't believe Jungkook is allowed to go, too!" He bounces up and down beside me.
     I grab his arm and laugh. "Well the kid is amazing at sports so of course he made the party list." I tease.
     "I hope you don't mind if I spend most of my time with him..." he bites his lip, glancing at me nervously.
     "It's fine. I kinda expected you to anyway." I tease.
     His shoulders drop and he sighs. "Yeah. I'm a little obsessed. Can't help myself." He pouts.
I squeeze his arm before pulling away, arriving at Namjoon's large house. His parents being rich brokers or something. Apparently they don't stay home much which is why he can throw parties like this.
Nerves begin to hit full force as we step inside and the smell of smoke and alcohol invade our nostrils. Tae waves me off and goes in search of his little bunny.
Taking a deep breath, I head deeper inside the house, ignoring the interested looks I get from all patrons, wanting some liquid courage to stay strong.
A familiar profile greets me in the kitchen, alone with a beer in hand. "Hey." I mumble awkwardly, grabbing a drink. I haven't talked to Hoseok since the rejection which has been a few days.
He smiles and I can immediately tell by his red eyes that he's high. Since when did he do drugs?! There is so much I've never known about my own husband. Was he always like this and I was just blind? I never went to these parties so he could keep this side from me easily.
"I didn't know you..." I trail off as he takes a hit from the joint right in front of me.
He chuckles. "Just to chill sometimes. It helps me stay fluid for dancing, ya know? You should try it, Jiminie." He offers it to me.
"Uhhhh..."
"Why don't you go pester someone else that actually wants you around, bitch?" Yoongi enters the kitchen, snatching a beer and taking the joint from Hoseok, taking a hit before handing it back.
Rolling his eyes, Hoseok gives me a long lingering look before walking out and joining the party. I don't know how I feel about all this new information about the man I thought I knew for over a decade.
"Surprised to see you, pretty boy." He grins, jumping up on the counter and leaning back, sipping his drink.
I scoff, looking away. "It's a free country." I mumble.
"Feisty. Chasing after lost causes?" He snickers.
I raise my brows, confused. "Huh?"
He nods towards the party. "Feeling regretful for dumping party boy out there?"
"No." I sigh, playing with my cup nervously. "Did you two really date?" I blurt.
His eyes darken and he scowls, his grip tightening on the bottle. "Why? Want some tips on how to please him?"
I frown. "Why are you so obsessed with me and him? I don't get it. You don't even know me and yet you care so much if I like him or not!"
He purses his lips. "Do you like him?"
"No!"
His arrogant smirk returns. "Good."
I'm losing my patience. "Why is that good?!"
He hops off the counter and walks towards me, crowding me against the counter. I hold my breath as he leans closer, his breath hitting my face and his eyes burning into mine. "Because I'd hate to see a pretty boy like you get hurt." He reaches up to caress my face, surprising me by the gentle touch.
My mouth drops open. "What makes you think I'd get hurt?" I whisper breathlessly. No way he could know...
His smile turns bitter. "Because I've been where you've been, beautiful, and it isn't a good place to be. Do you know there's a bet going around on who can get into your pants?" He laughs.
My eyes widen in shock. "W-what?"
"Hoseok is part of it. I guarantee anything that as soon as he claimed you as his boyfriend, he would have had you on your back faster than you could say 'please oppa'." He mocks.
I can think of nothing to say. That was exactly what had happened. As soon as I agreed to be his, he pressured me endlessly to have sex and within the week...my body was his. I was too stupid and naive back then.
I swallow hard and look away. "I'm guessing you're part of that?" I mumble bitterly.
"Please. Don't put me in the same category as those losers." He rolls his eyes and moves away.
I sip my drink. "Why were you fighting over me?"
He pauses. "Who said it was about you?"
I give him a look and he sighs. "I'm done talking about that bitch. I'm going to go enjoy the party. Good luck, pretty boy."