Isabelle

The first day of kindergarten {FLASHBACK}

The little girl walked into her class warily. 

She wore her hair short and curled, with bangs that covered her forehead. She wore a pink shirt with jean shorts and pink flipflops.

She crossed the room her shoes flipping up behind her as she sat down next to a girl in a yellow sundress. The girl's hair was long and slightly curled at the end pointing towards herself.

 The little girl looked at the girl next to her dressed in yellow and smiled.  

"I'm Payton," the little girl said waving at the girl in yellow. 

The girls' chocolate brown eyes formed crescent moons as the smiled back at the little girl. 

"I'm Isabelle, nice to meet you, Payton! Let's be friends, okay?" 

{END OF FLASHBACK}

1st grade, The little girl, and Isabelle began to play together and talk to each other all throughout the day. 

They enjoyed each others company and each other alone. 

It was a sunny summer afternoon. The flowers were blooming in the grass surrounding the girls' school and playground. 

Isabelle picked a dandelion and ran over to the little girl. She smiled, her eyes forming crescent moons as she smiled brightly at the little girl handing her the flower. 

Isabelle placed the flower behind the little girl's right ear. The little girl felt the flower become entangled by the strands of hair behind her ear. 

She smiled back and hugged Isabelle, her forehead only reaching the little girl's nose. 

The little girl finally made her first best friend, a person she can trust and look towards for support. 

They played with each other and sat next to each other in class every day. They never wanted to miss a second without the other. 

Until the storm came, and the waves push and pulled the girls away from each other, leaving them stranded and...

 alone.