Garage pt.1

2012-2013

"Kylie, Payton," Kylie's mom asks from the driver's seat. "Do we want to go to the garage first or the house?"

"Whichever one is closer," the little girl says. "I don't anything to be an inconvenience to you." 

"Oh, not at all sweetie, but the garage it is." she finishes staring back at the gravel single lane road before her. 

The little girl stares out the window watching the sunset into vibrant shades of pinks, and purples, and oranges over the rural land. 

"We're here," her mother chimes shutting the puttering engine off. The little girl steps out of the car looking at the massive building laying before her, the oranges and other colors illuminating off its shiny exterior. 

"C'mon Payton!" Kylie cries waving her on as she skips towards the entrance. She jogs up to catch up to her friend as she enters the unfamiliar environment. Her eyes adjust to the bright lights making the already white room 10x whiter. 

"Here," Kylie says leading her to a door in the back left corner of the room. "This is my dad's garage," she says opening the door revealing the large high ceilinged room. "He keeps his stuff in here along with our toys."

The little girl looks around at the many items the space contains, before her eyes land on a green combine in the center of the room. "Woah," she says admiring the large machine touching its massive tires. 

"It's my dad's," Kylie explains. "He farms so he keeps most of his farming equipment here."

"So," the little girl asks shifting her head towards Kylie, her long brown shifting with her movement. "What are we gonna do?"

"Anything," Kylie says nonchalantly her eyes widening as she raises her hands in emphasis.

 "We can do anything."

{ TO BE CONTINUED }