Winter Snow

2012-2013

"Payton, wanna go outside and make a snowman?" Justin asked his smile illuminating throughout the pale white walls of her bedroom. 

"S-sure," the little girl replied running for her snow pants, and snow gear that was hanging in the bathroom drying. 

She shivered as she wiggled her way into the slightly damp black pants and pale pink shoes. The giggly boy ran out of the room and grabbed his gear beside hers. 

They both slipped into their gear and made their way to the door. 

"Mom, Justin and I will be outside playing in the snow out front!" the little girl yelled as she opened the door, the cold nibbling at her face. 

"Ok, but be careful you two, and don't stay out too long I don't you two getting sick!" her mother yelled back in response. 

They walked out into the winter wonderland set out before them. The dead-end street covered in a new fresh sheet of snow. The trees, white with snow that caked their every limb. 

Everything looked perfect, almost like new in its white perfection. The little girl stared at its beauty until her warm face was met with a cold wet snowball.

"Yah!" she said turning her head in the direction in which the ball was thrown. She saw the cute boy hiding behind a tree clearly visible behind its thin frame. 

He smiled brightly as his cheeks flushed a rosy red due to the bitter cold. His warm eyes melting her heart with every second she stared at him.

She leaned down and formed her own snowball and throwing it at the boy, hitting him square in the face. 

"Oh, it's on," Justin says wiping the cold snow off his face with his soaked mittens.