Saddened Faces

2012-2013

That's all the little upon arriving back to her house.

The saddened faces of her parents standing before in the living room, upon her arrival. 

Kylie left along with her mother after dropping her off, their puttering engine echoing as they turn the corner and head down the street. 

"I had so much fun!" the little girl cried her belongings in her hand and draping off her shoulders. The little girl's parents glance towards each other frowning, before looking back at their oldest daughter who was glowing with joy. 

She was happy. 

And.

There was nothing they could do.  

"Did you sweetie?" her mother asks plastering a fake smile on her face, the pain clear in her eyes. 

"I did! I'd love to go back again!" she gleamed rays of joy radiating off her in large waves. "Her mom's spaghetti was amazing! She even did my hair, look, mom, do you see it?!" the little girl finishes whipping her head around showing the two french braids running down the girl back from her head, like a waterfall.

"I see, Payton. How about you go unpack your things first and then you can tell us all about it. Okay?" 

"Okay, mom!" the little girl says skipping off to her room just connected to the living room, shutting the door behind her. 

Her parents saddened faces peering through her door before she closes it, unpacking her belongings and making her way to explain the wondrous night she had to them.