Winter Games

"Oh, it's on," Justin says wiping the cold snow off his face with his soaked mittens. 

The little girl runs away quickly through the mounds of snow covering the ground before her giggling. 

Justin chases after the little girl, the only sound heard through the peaceful dead-end street were screams and laughter. 

Justin catches up to her tackling her into the cold blanket beneath her. 

She lands face first into the snow, lifting her face quickly as it freezes her entire being.

Justin sits on her back giggling cutely at the little girl's response. 

"Yah!" the little girl yells at the boy. "My face is frozen thanks to you! I can't even get the snow off my face cause your laying on my arms," she complained.

"Alright, c'mere," he said getting up allowing her to sit up with his help, for she couldn't see. "Here, let me help. But keep your eyes closed," he said sitting on her lap, taking his wet mittens and scooping the snow from her rosy complexion.

"There," he said smiling at her cheeks flushing a more vibrant red at his face being so close to hers. 

His warm brown eyes squinting slightly as his bright smile takes over the majority of his face. 

She knew she couldn't feel this way towards him, he didn't like her that way but she just couldn't.

"We, s-should probably head b-back inside, it's getting cold. And m-maybe my mom will make h-hot chocolate." the little girl said smiling brightly her face still red. 

"Sure," Justin sad removing him from her lap and reaching his hand out.

 The little girl gladly accepted his hand getting up and smirking as she walked towards the warm house, remembering this moment forever.