Hateful Life

2011-2012

The little girl has had a hard time being the new student, but it continues to worsen with each passing day. 

The comments and insults had become more gruesome and difficult to bear. 

Her heart began to ache as she realized that no one ever loved her.

She was truly alone.

And she hated it.

Mackenzie one afternoon said something during music class that changed the little girl's life for the better. 

"I'm moving to Waterloo."  

The little girl was screaming and crying tears of joy inside, hearing that her suffering would soon end. 

Knowing that maybe she could learn to love herself once again.

Boy, was she wrong. 

Only after Mackenzie left did life become difficult for the little girl.

Her father's job backfired and soon the whole community was after them.

Threatening them.

"Your dad is worthless; he's a child predator"

"He did nothing to help those students who were bullied."

"You're just like him, lazy and useless." 

"Kill yourself, you worthless pig." 

"No he's not" she wanted to tell them. "He's the best dad I could ever have asked for, he isn't a child predator, he helped those who were bullied, he did everything he was supposed to." 

But she couldn't speak those words, she couldn't stand up for him or herself. 

For she had learned to hate herself to a point to where self-defense seemed like the last thing she could do. 

Why must you all hate me?

Why have I learned to hate myself?

Why am I so useless?

Why am I such a waste of space? 

What did I do wrong?