8. Feeling like Dr.Phil

Anna’s P.O.V

I sat with a huge smile on my face. Nothing could make this vacation anything less than perfect. Monica had forgiven me and Niall was here. Suddenly knocking on the door interrupted my thoughts. I walked to the door. Who was it?

I opened the door slowly and found a dripping Harry outside. He smiled sadly at me.

“Hi,” he said quietly. From what I’d seen of Harry Styles I got very surprised to see him like this. Face down, wet curls and a nervous hands that trembled along his t-shirt.

“Hi there Styles,” I said back and smiled. I stepped aside so he could come in. I hadn't met him before, but I felt like I knew him.

“Is Monica here?” he asked looking around. Really smart one right there, when a room is empty it’s not very likely that she is hiding under the bed. I was about to answer ironically but the sad look in his face stopped me.

“In the shower,” I said and tried to give him one of my best smiles. It was one of those moments when you see someone really upset and just try to do everything to cheer them up.

“Oh, okay. I’m sorry but I have to talk to someone, I thought you would be a pretty good choice because you know her,” he said and seemed a bit embarrassed.

“That’s right,” I agreed. He gave me a little smile for the first time since he got in.

“You probably know what happened with us?” he asked. I nodded for him to continue. “Yeah, and I’ve realized that I really screwed up, she’s a lovely girl and I really hurt her feelings,” he said and I could hear the hurt in his voice. No doubt that he was telling the truth. Because of his sincerity I decided to tell the truth. Even though I knew he had hurt Monica I knew that he regretted it and somewhere inside me I just had a feeling that they were meant to be, no matter what. They both just had to realize it.

“I’m going to be completely honest with you now, because I know you’re a great guy, and I know that deep down Monica still hurts because you’re not together. But before I start telling you this, I just want you to know thing. The only reason why I’m doing this is not because I particularly like you, honestly I think you are an ass. I’m doing this because the best girl in the whole world deserves what she wants, and I know that she wants you. Aaand I'm secretly hoping that you will prove me wrong,” I said. He first looked startled at my sincerity but then he smiled and looked like he was ready to make mental notes.

“Okay, Monica is a pretty hard nut to crack if you know what I mean; she won’t give in to you right away. You really need to know that this is what you want, because you’ve got to be ready for one hell of a fight,” I told him.

“I tried to tell her that I was sorry, but she cut me right of,” he said. I looked at him with an understanding look.

“Styles… You need to SHOW her, not tell her,” I said and put extra weight on show to make him understand. He nodded in agreement and had the look of termination in his eyes.

“And just so you know, the fact that you showed up here ready for fight says a lot about you Styles. I'm starting to like you, I might even go as far as saying that I've got your back,” I said and gave him a grin.

 He grinned back to me and looked like he was about to say something but Monica interrupted us. She was on her way out of the bathroom, and apparently she didn’t know anything about Harry because there she stood in nothing but underwear.

“Hey, do you have bodylotion?” she asked before she froze. It was actually kind of funny to see her face expression change that fast. As soon as she discovered Harry she turned in to a rock. I looked at Harry and was expecting an apologetic look but he was sitting there grinning.

“Looking good, Monica,” he said and showed his dimples. Oh, right I haven’t thought about him playing on his flirty side. Monica looked like she was going to explode, but Harry didn’t rush to get to the door.

“Guess I’ll be seeing you later,” Harry said and winked at Monica before stepping out. As soon as the door closed Monica turned to me.

“What. The. Hell?”

“He was just stopping by for a little chat,” I said and smiled at her. She raised her eyebrow, but didn’t say anything. Probably because she thought I would think she cared if she asked.

“Whatever,” she said and shrugged her shoulders. I silently sat there with a huge smile on my face. This was going to be the best vacation ever!