24. The brave warrior

Writers note: Okay, so this is kinda long, but I hope you're going to enjoy it :) Remember to leave a comment below ! xx

---------------------------------

Monica's P.O.V

“Fuck,” I whispered as I whipped maybe the hundredth tear away from my cheek. There was an ache in my chest that just wouldn’t go away. It had been there for a long time, but now it was worse than ever. An ache that reminded me more and more of a big fat knife that was pierced through my heart.

Why couldn’t Anna just back off? I wanted to go home that’s it. The tears kept streaming down my face, and there was no chance that I could stop them.

The cold breeze made my eyes hurt even more. They were soar from all the tears and the last thing they needed was the wind. I sat silently and stared at the black ocean in front of me. The sand I was sitting on was cold and as I buried my feet in it I felt the coldness spread across my body. My cheeks were completely drenched in tears and my lower lip was shaking worse than ever.

“Fuck,” I repeated lowly again.

“Not a good day?” I heard a raspy voice ask behind me. I turned around and for the first time my first reaction wasn’t to hide the tears. Harry stood there with his head kind of bowed down, but his eyes were still staring intensely at me. They were red and filled with tears just like mine. What I wanted to say didn’t come. I couldn’t see him right now, I just couldn’t. But the lump in my throat was too big to talk, so I didn’t even bother to try. I just shrugged to desperately try to keep the sobs inside.

“Can we talk?” he asked as he sat down beside me.

When I finally managed to swallow the lump I took a deep breath and prepared for talking.

“Aren’t we?” I asked trying to keep a casual tone.

“I mean like really talk!” he said with an intense tone. The intensity in his tone gave some clear signs; I knew too well where this was going.

“What’s fake talk?” I asked dumbfound. If there was any way that we didn’t need this conversation I would find it, but I knew what was going to happen.

Harry ignored my question, and kept on looking intense at me.

“I know I’ve tried a hundred times, said everything a thousand times, but I still can’t give up without having taken every opportunity,” he said and I could hear the desperation in his voice.

“Harry… Don’t,” I said with a low voice. As the words escaped my mouth I realized that it sounded more like begging than anything else. I was begging for him to stop. To stop hurting himself, and to stop hurting me. How many times did we need to have this conversation before he got the message?

Even though I had been close to bursting into tears, I was unusually calm now. The tears weren’t longer pressing to come out. Probably because I had a big problem with crying in front of people, but I thought I would be used to it by now. I just sat there, trying to avoid this conversation.

“I have to! I can’t continue without you,” His voice was so filled with every kind of emotion that I almost started to cry immediately, but I staid strong. I took a deep breath, and promised myself I wouldn’t cry. Crying would just make it worse for him and for me. I suddenly discovered that my legs were shaking uncontrollably; I needed to calm down now!

“Harry come on, there are a billion other girls that want you, you will be okay,” I said and tried to keep the mood light, but that didn’t exactly work when Harry was not far from sobbing. Considering I had been close to screaming for only an hour ago when I talked to Anna I was really surprised that I managed to keep myself calm.