25. History repeating itself

“Wait, are you packing?” Anna asked surprised as she saw me throw my clothes in my suitcase. I threw each piece of clothing with an incredible force to get some of my anger out. Why had I been born an idiot? A stubborn and unforgiving brat that was born without a heart. Tears were streaming down my face, but I ignored them. I deserved to feel like shit.

“Yes, I’m going home,” I answered in a cold voice as I started to close it. Anna was silent for a moment, clearly considering if she wanted to talk about it, but luckily she decided to shut up for once.

“Fine,” she said. I turned around and looked at her surprised. Anna was standing there and started packing her clothes as well.

“What are you doing?” I asked confused.

“Packing, what does it look like I’m doing?” she said as she gathered the clothes and laid them in her suitcase.

“Why?” I asked still very confused. When I said I was going home, I didn’t think she was going as well. I expected her to refuse to leave Niall and make me go home alone.

“We’re going home,” she answered simply. No words had ever given me a better feeling. For the first time in a long time I didn’t feel alone, now I at least had Anna.

“Thank you,” I said quietly. I was a lot more grateful than I could tell. The thought of being around Harry was awful. Not only because I had hurt him, but because I knew that I wasn’t able to hurt him again.

“Nemo problemo,” she laughed. Her laugh sent me some brighter thoughts, but they only lasted minute.

Some hours later we stood at the airport just finished with ordering our tickets. Anna had just sent a text message to the others to come to say goodbye at the airport. Somehow I convinced her not to tell them we were leaving before we had ordered the tickets. Now there was no turning back or stopping us. I really had the urge to get home, back to my normal life and away from all the drama.

I was only hours and away, I would have been home earlier if we hadn’t had to switch plane along the way, but if we wanted to fly directly we had to wait 24 hours.

The other guys came surprisingly fast, and not long after we stood there. All of us, just staring at each other. Anna seemed really sad to leave Niall but she didn’t say anything, she just hugged him really tight.

Firstly I said goodbye to all the girls, because they had an appointment at a spa so they couldn’t stay. So after I had hugged Danielle, Eleanor and Perrie the boys stood and stared at me.

As I shifted uncomfortably I couldn’t help getting flashbacks from the last time we did this. So much had changed but at the same time, it was all still the same.

Liam was the first one to step forward and pull me into a hug. Even though I had done this before, this felt a lot more permanent. Now everyone knew that we probably wouldn’t meet again. They would meet Anna, but not me. Somehow they all just knew that I was going to keep my distance from them, and it was true.

Silently I had promised myself that I would never meet anyone of them after this. After four hugs and some words that were meant to be comforting, there was one left, the one I was most concerned about.

Just as Harry stepped closer the others disappeared quickly. They probably knew it was going to be emotional, not only for Harry but for both of us.

Because deep down I was begging for myself to be able to forgive him, really forgive him, I really wanted to, but somehow everything he had done hadn’t been enough. There was something missing. When he stood close enough to pull me into a hug I considered for a brief moment to throw myself at him. To kiss him passionately, to hold him like there was no tomorrow, but I didn’t. All I did was stand there and accept his hug.