Becoming a Puppet Master

*Third P.O.V.*

Yuki, now a three-year-old, sits in her father's workshop making puppets alongside him with a blank look across her face as she finally succeeds in making her first puppet. A bit of excitement crosses her features before she wipes the emotion from her face turning to her father who looks proud. She hops from her stool with a grin before walking quickly to her father so he can teach her how he works his jutsus and so she can become as strong as him one day.

"Little one, let's go out to the training area because it's too dangerous in here."

"Yuki is sorry. She forgot about the poisons papa makes."

"You've been hanging around Tobi again while I'm gone, haven't you?"

"Tobi-nii teaches Yuki new jutsus while papa is gone."

The young girl runs out of the room excited before going to the training area and placing her puppet near her as she sits down waiting for her father. All the members take places around the training area as the father makes his way over to the child to teach her this new jutsu. He carefully explains everything to the young girl before moving back a bit to give her space to work. The young girl concentrates trying to make chakra strings appear so she can connect them to the puppet she has made so that she may manipulate the puppet into doing what ever she wishes. For an hour she tries without success until suddenly the strings appear and instantly attach startling everyone there. She concentrates before making the puppet do what she pleases for a few minutes before releasing the strings and after a few hours to everyone's surprise the young girl has mastered the Puppet Master Jutsu.

Her father sets out a much larger puppet to see if she can manipulate it as well as the smaller puppet she created and everyone is carefully watching her. Her chakra strings once again instantly attach to the larger puppet before manipulating the puppet with ease shocking everyone that is watching once more, but no one would be able to tell. After a bit of playing with the puppet she begins trying to see if it can do anything and she gives a faint grin when darts shoot out of the puppet into one of the walls nearby. Sadly, that is the only thing the puppet can do which makes her pout before one of the members moves forward. She furrows her brow before making the puppet stand up waiting as she stands blinking. Faster than the eye can see her hands move and the puppet shoots forward startling the group making the member she is facing pull out his scythe with a grin. No emotion crosses the girl's face as she fights with the puppet and finally after a long battle she sees an opening making the puppet spit out darts once more. Before the member can move he's hit with the darts causing poison to flow through his body before he dies. The little girl sets the puppet down before releasing her chakra strings and turns to look at everyone watching. No emotion breaks past their faces, but she gives a grin anyways before skipping to her father.

"Did Yuki do good papa?"

"You did, little one. Leader-sama is my partner finally here?"

"Yes, he has just arrived. Let us meet him."

Yuki picks up her puppet before following alongside her papa to meet this new person that would be living in the base with them. At first all she can see is a tall person with blonde hair until they turn to look at everyone coming in. Slowly all the members introduce themselves with her father being the last one and the new member's eyes latch onto Yuki before frowning. She blinks at him once figuring out how he will fall in with the others as everyone watches with bated breath. Yuki breaks into a smile before walking forward latching onto his leg then looking up to him.

"Yuki is happy to meet Deidara-nii. Will you be helping Yuki's papa?"

Deidara looks up in surprise and confusion before Pein nods in answer to Yuki's question making him look down at her. Yuki's head is tilted to the side as she waits patiently for an answer from this self-proclaimed brother of hers. Deidara gives a small smile at the child before giving a chuckle that has her furrowing her brows.

"I will be helping your papa."

She nods before letting go of him and skipping over to her father who has been watching the exchange with careful eyes. Everyone begins to disperse before Kisame steps forward to speak with Sasori about a matter they spoke of a few weeks ago. Sasori looks to Kisame as Yuki skips over to Zetsu with a happy grin allowing him to relax knowing none of the members would ever harm her. Although, he did worry that Orochimaru wanted his little one, but he knew that the other members would protect her from the man that frightened her.

"Zabuza has agreed to train her and I'm to bring her to a place near the Mist Village tomorrow."

"I'll tell her tonight."

Kisame nods before leaving Sasori just as Yuki comes back over to her father with a blank face knowing something was going to happen. Sasori didn't want his little one to leave his sight, but she needed training she couldn't get here and that means she has to leave for now. The two went back to his workshop where the young girl slept unless she stayed with one of the other members on occasion. She did this constantly when he was gone because of her fear of Orochimaru. Once they got to the workshop she sets the puppet next to her bed before crawling under her covers for the night.

"Little one, would you like to train to use a sword like Kisame?"

"Yuki would like to, but she doesn't have a sword and she isn't allowed to train with Uncle Kisame."

"Yes, well one of Kisame's associates is going to train you starting tomorrow, but you have to leave for a bit okay?"

"Yuki doesn't want to leave her papa!" She says as a small bit of fear overcomes her.

"How about this, little one? You can bring your puppet and anytime you are upset you can hold it to make you feel better?"

Yuki nods before yawning and Sasori lets the young girl fall asleep before he quietly works on his puppets while she sleeps oblivious. He would miss his little one, but she needs to become stronger to protect herself from this cruel world.