Summons from the Elders

I slowly open my eyes feeling how my chakra has replenished itself finally. I rub at my eyes from being unconscious for a few days without opening my eyes. I stretch finally seeing Dei-nii sitting against the wall near my door staring at me. I blink confused before realising that Ita-nii had been pulled away while I was unconscious.

"Dei-nii where is Itachi?"

"He was told to go to his room and sleep for a bit. What happened to you, un?"

"I was reckless a few days ago and I've had chakra exhaustion since then. Do you know where my papa is?"

"He's in the living room for right now."

I hum in acknowledgement before allowing my hair to fall down to my waist as I stand up. Without thinking about the colour of my hair I slip out of my room and go toward the living room. Dei-nii walks right behind me when we enter the room and my father looks up upon our entrance. Since he is out of his puppet I see his eyes have some kind of emotion in them when I walk in the room.

"Juzo? He says softly.

The confusion must show on my face because Dei-nii grabs a strand of my hair. My eyes flicker to it and I see the silver locks are back once again. I realise to him I must look like my mother when they first met before I pull my hair into a bun. I see him shake his head and realise that I'm not my mother, but his daughter. I give a sad smile thinking of how much I look like my mother now instead of him.

"Did you not like the colour of your hair?" He asks softly.

"Papa this is from the curse mark I think. I woke up a few days ago with silver hair which startled me. However, my hair does become red on occasion and I don't know how to control it. So, mama used to have long hair when she was younger? I've only seen her with short hair while we were together."

"When she was younger she kept her hair long because her father liked it that way. I never would have thought she would cut her hair because of that reason."

I slip forward before hugging him knowing I may never come back here again. He may be a puppet at this point, but he's still my father and some of my only family. I hold onto him tightly knowing it will be years before I will ever see him again. He runs his hand through my hair until I pull away with an emotionless look.

"I've got to go again."

"You've just woke up, un! Is that really a good idea?"

"Doesn't really matter if it is. I'm being summoned and I can't ignore them."

Before they can stop me I've slipped down the hall to the familiar room. I quickly scribble a note before giving a sad smile to his sleeping figure. I'm leaving once again without saying goodbye, but I've left him a note this time. I sigh with pursed lips turning around about to leave when he grabs my wrist. Startled I turn to him in surprise considering I believed him to be sleeping still.

"You're already leaving us?"

"The Elders are summoning me and I can't ignore them. I just didn't want to leave without saying goodbye again."

"Take care of yourself Yuki."

I grin before hugging him tightly before teleporting to where the Elders are. I slip on my mask outside of the room before knocking on the door. An answer comes from the door and I slide the door open as I enter the room. I go to my knee in front of them and wait for whatever commands they will give to me. It stays quiet making me wonder what they are doing before they finally decide to speak.

"Akane we have a mission we believe you are well-suited for. We wish for you to keep an eye on the nine-tails boy while he helps search for Lady Tsunade. If Lady Tsunade is found you must protect her at all costs."

"Hai, I accept this mission."

"Then you are dismissed."

I leave the room before going straight to the hospital with my Anbu mask still on causing a few people to be on edge. I slip down the hall knowing Naruto can't be in any danger just yet. I slip into the room making no noise, but that doesn't matter with Uncle Shi. After what he went through only Lady Tsunade will be able to heal him. I sigh before moving his hair out of his face and give a small smile. I slip into Sasuke's room to see how upset he looks, but I know only I can see it. I can take a guess at what Itachi showed him in the Genjutsu and I feel horrible knowing he had to relive everything all over again. Everyone has a hard time reading him because he wants to push them away so desperately to spare himself any more pain than he has already endured. I shift his hair as well before running into Uncle Gai in the hallway making both of us blink in surprise.

"How is Lee doing, Uncle Gai?"

"He's doing fine, but the doctors say only Lady Tsunade can help him now despite all the help you have him."

"Don't worry I'll bring Lady Tsunade back to the village. We need a better medic as well as a Hokage after all."

I teleport away before he can respond and I appear next to Naruto in a tree. Jiraya looks my way and I give a small wave before placing my mask over my face. He nods relieved knowing that I've come to watch over Naruto while we are traveling. I quickly sense around us before taking off after them with a small smile. Perhaps this traveling will relax my mind for when we go back to Konoha.