Visiting Naruto

Yesterday I stayed with ojii-san all day even during his boring meetings, but he's given me today to visit Naruto. I get odd looks walking in my Anbu uniform, but pay them no mind as I walk towards the hospital. Once there I pass the receptionist and move down the halls to where I feel Naruto and Shikimaru's chakra. I peek in the door to see Shikimaru playing Shoji by himself and Naruto still unconscious. I sigh before slipping into the room making Shikimaru look up when the door closes behind me. He gives a lazy smile before zeroing in on my uniform before smirking.

"Should have known they'd promote you sooner or later."

"This was the only way I could stay Shika. Some of the Elders are wary of my strength and the only way to stay was to become the bodyguard to Hokage-sama."

"They're fools then because there's no way you could betray the village. I mean if you wanted to you could have stayed away for forever when you left."

"I know that Shika. Tell Naru to find me whenever he wakes back up. I'll see you guys later."

I stroll out of the hospital to see Neji on his way to a training ground and I catch up to him. He looks to me when I make it to his side and I give a smile as he sees the uniform I'm wearing. No emotion crosses his face making me roll my eyes at him.

"Neji are you training alone again?"

"Of course, Lee is still in the hospital and I don't know what TenTen is doing."

We make it to the training ground and through some unspoken agreement get in our battle stances. He makes the first move and my eyes widen in shock before I try to jump away knowing I can't let him hit me. For a second I remain hidden until his eyes lock on to me and I smirk before performing my hand signs.

"Fire Release: Burning Dragon!"

I frown noticing he dodges the attack which means he has gotten quicker since I was gone. I suppress my chakra signature before moving away from my spot barely making a sound. My eyes watch as he searches for any source of my chakra with his Byakugan already activated. Before he can turn my way I weave my hand signs quickly hoping he won't notice the surge of chakra.

"Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique!"

The fireball makes it's way towards him and I blink seeing the new technique he is using. I'm about to shift when I feel my Anbu tattoo burn meaning I'm being summoned. I rub at the spot that is still sore from a few days ago and hop from my tree to land in front of Neji. He deactivates his Byakugan knowing something has come up all of a sudeen.

"I've just been summoned to meet with Hokage-sama. When did you learn that new technique?"

"Not long ago." Is all he says making me give a small smile before teleporting.

I teleport into a meeting with all of the jonin making me blink at the situation considering two village elders are here as well. I calmly walk over to Uncle Shi before sitting on my knees next to him. I sense that I'm the only Anbu in the room making me lock eyes with the Hokage. He gives a nod meaning I'm here because the Elders wanted me here. I nod before looking around the room to see every jonin from the village putting my guard up. Even Uncle Shi is completely serious which means something has happened that I haven't been told yet.

"As many of you may have heard Hayate  was found dead earlier."

Murmurs break out across the room and I feel all the slight fluctuations in their chakra registering their surprise. I'm surprised as well considering Hayate was known for Kenjutsu and for someone to catch him by surprise is a bit terrifying. My hands twitch from being unused to feelings such chakra fluctuations at once making the Elders look at me. I try to get the twitching under control, but there are just too many fluctuations in the room. A hand on mine distracts my mind and I look over to see Uncle Shi with worry in his eyes.