Preliminaries

I wake the next morning before changing into a new outfit I bought a few days ago with the Sand Siblings. It's a red crop top and black crop top that has straps that go up to my neck almost like a choker with a red and black skirt. I place black shorts underneath with black and red ninja gloves that come up to my biceps with fishnet over my biceps. It comes with a pair of black ninja boots and my kunai pouch rests on my thigh. My katana straps to my back with the hilt showing as I pull my hair into a ponytail with my headband over my forehead. I walk out of my room at the same time as oji-san who looks surprised at my outfit change. I give a smile before we go to the arena where everyone is meeting up to watch the preliminary battles. When we get there all the genin are standing waiting in the middle when the Hokage catches my eye silently asking for my presence. I quickly go around the genin to get to him and hear some of the foreign genin whispering as I step up to the Hokage.

"Are they prepared for your coming tonight? Are you ready for returning to them after such a long time?"

"They are ready and excited from what Ren has told me when he checks in. I'm ready to see the other part of my family after such a long time. If I believe the proctor will not be quick enough may I intervene?"

"If you believe someone is going to be killed then yes. We don't need anyone to die in the preliminaries."

I nod before teleporting over to oji-san who is with Uncle Asuma and Aunt Kurenai. Uncle Asuma ruffles my hair when I appear making me give a small smile even though he is worried. I see Aunt Kurenai is worried as well and purse my lips before we turn to the arena floor where instructions are being given. I hear Shikimaru complain and giggle as Uncle Asuma chuckles used to the lazy Nara boy. I hear Gaara tell them to get on with the conversation and smile as everything is explained. We all wait as the first names come up and I draw in a sharp breath seeing Sasuke's name being first. My hands tighten around the railing as everyone comes up to where we are to watch the first match happen. I stay quiet as the match happens and vaguely hear Naruto yelling before fury envelops my body.

"Sasuke if you think you can beat your brother at this rate you're dead wrong! If you can't beat this asshole you will never be able to beat Itachi!" I shout and give a smirk seeing the fury in Sasuke's eyes.

The match quickly ends and I feel the curse mark go back meaning I had activated it accidentally again. I feel my chakra diminish before I feel someone's hand on the small of my back. I whip my head to see Neji at my side before relaxing as the next match begins. I drift in my mind until I hear soft murmurs break out making my eyes snap to the field. I move over to Uncle Gai and Uncle Shi with wide eyes that betray me only to hear Uncle Shi angrily speaking to Uncle Gai. I stop in front of them and neither notice until I decide to open my mouth on the subject.

"Uncle Gai I know you meant well teaching Lee this technique, but it wasn't a good idea. No genin or chunin should know this technique because it's forbidden! There are reasons for certain things to be forbidden!"

"Neither of you can judge me for teaching him this. You don't understand Lee as a person."

"Lies! I've known Lee long enough and I know his dream, but this will only cause ruin. He's waking up." I whisper in horror before turning to face the battle.

I look to the Hokage and he gives a nod allowing me to stop this if I please making me breathe a sigh of relief. I take a deep breath before quickly weaving my hand signs and appear before Gaara. I run my hand through his hair even as the sand tightens around my legs when I feel Gai appear in front of Lee shielding him. I softly hum and feel Shukaku fall asleep allowing Gaara to disappear. I turn to Lee and my chest constricts before I teleport from the awful scene and feel myself crash into someone. A calm hand on my head eases my mind and I relax before opening my eyes.

"Uncle Shi I'm going to check on Sasuke real quick before Naruto loses it."

I teleport to the hospital before walking to the hospital room that is surrounded by Anbu. They let me pass knowing I pose him no threat and I enter to see him sound asleep, but his curse mark is sealed. I brush his bangs out of his face before feeling Neji's chakra spike and instantly teleport to him without a thought. I feel his hand hit my chest and realise what was going to happen to Hinata who stands behind me. I give a weak smile as blood trickles from my mouth at his shocked look. I cough noticing all the jonin holding him back before giving a soft smile.

"Why? Why step in for her?"

"I wasn't even aware you were fighting Neji. I was at the hospital when your chakra spiked and I teleported here. If I was watching I would have stopped you because you would regret it if you killed Hinata."

"How do you know that?" He says slightly furious of the fact I had noticed.

"I'm your best friend Neji how wouldn't I notice?"

I bend over to cough up blood as I hear Hinata fall behind me and see Aunt Kurenai move. I take another deep breath only to spat out more blood and feel my knees go weak. An arm catches me around the waist as I fall throwing up more blood before I pulse chakra to my chest. That stops the steady stream of blood, but I still need help from a medic nin. I feel someone put their hand to my chest and open my eyes to see a medic nin working on me. After a bit I'm perfectly okay again making the medic look at me in shock as I sit up.

"I healed myself up a bit before you came. Thank you for helping me."

"It's no problem Hatake-san it's what we're supposed to do."

I nod before whoever has their arm around my waist helps me stand up without falling back. After a few seconds I feel stronger and can stand on my own which means the person lets me go. I attempt to go towards the stairs when I feel a hand grip my wrist preventing me from going to the stairs and frown. They begin pulling me away from the arena and I blink surprised when we end up at the hospital. I grumble knowing who has my wrist and why we are here. I let him drag me knowing if I don't he'll just pick me up and bring me to a room anyways.

I get set up in a room and sit on the bed with my arms crossed over my chest with a pout. I don't like staying in hospitals plus I'm totally fine from earlier, but he doesn't believe me like normal. He rolls his eyes at the behaviour as we sit in the room missing the last few matches. Finally, after a long wait a doctor comes into and says that I'm perfectly fine making me turn to him with a smirk. He rolls his eyes as I hop off the hospital bed and leave the room to see the Hokage waiting. Neji immediately bows making me giggle at him as the Hokage watches with a smile.

"Ojii-san is it time to leave already? My how the time has flown today." I say as Neji gives me a shocked look.

"It is time. Are you well enough to travel alone?"

"You worry too much ojii-san! Neji made me come get checked out by a doctor even though the medic nin said I was fine. Plus, I'm teleporting so there shouldn't be any attacks."

"I'll see you when you get back."

He leaves with a smile making me give a small smile. I bite my lip before turning to Neji knowing he's going to be curious about where I'm going. Plus, he deserves to know considering he knows who my father is yet he still treats me the same. It's going to be different there than it is in Konoha because Konoha is so loud and the base is so quiet.

"Where are you going all of a sudden?"

"I'm going to visit my father because someone from my past has reappeared. I'll only be gone for a month unless something comes up."

He nods and I give a smile before weaving my hand signs and teleport to the coordinates I have been given.

*A/N: The picture above is what I was trying to explain as Yuki's outfit from here on out. Instead of the green though imagine red replacing the green. Thanks for reading!*