C-Ranked Mission

*Yuki's P.O.V.*

The next morning, we all walk to meet the Hokage and I can feel the Genin staring holes into me but choose to ignore it. Once we make it to the building I quickly skip up the steps sensing a familiar chakra and I burst into the room startling everyone. I skip over to Ibiki before putting chakra in my feet as I jump and land on his shoulders while his back is to me. He gives a small smile as a few Anbu surround us before he waves them off making Iruka look at me with wide eyes seeing as how Ibiki is acting like this is normal for him which it obviously is. Once the team comes in and they see me I hear Sakura give a startled gasp before I sense her coming forward.

"Yuki you can't just sit on people's shoulders if you don't know them." She says making me turn to her.

"How do you know who I do and do not know. This is one of my Uncles that I spend a lot of time with."

She looks gob-smacked when Ibiki sets me on the ground and I cross my arms with a slight pout before going to Uncle Shi's side. Ibiki ruffles my hair before going to his job making me nostalgic for the building I spent a lot of time in without Uncle Shi knowing for a bit. Once he found out he was upset before noticing that what Ibiki did wasn't scaring me. The team gets their mission to go after a lost cat named Tora, but I see the Hokage look at me and nod knowing it means he wants me to stay behind while they do the mission. He puffs on his pipe before I sit on the table before him and I see Iruka giving me another shocked look.

"What would you like to speak about Hokage-sama?"

"Would you mind being a proctor for the first two parts of the Chunin exams? I know the proctors are good at what they are doing, but I just want you to observe everyone that will be there."

"I'll be the extra proctor for the first two exams Hokage-sama. May I ask who the other two are proctors are for the exams?"

"Ibiki will proctor the first exam and Anko is the proctor for the second exam. There's one final question that I know you won't like to answer, but I need to know your answer."

"What do you wish to know?" I say with a serious look making worry appear in his eyes.

"If anyone from your father's acquaintances were to come to harm Konoha what would you do about it?"

"If they were to harm Konoha then I would have no choice, but to fight them even if they are the people who raised me for most of my life. I became a ninja to protect the place my mother loved and the place that has become my home now. Whenever you get a free chance Hokage-sama I need to speak with you and my uncle in private about a certain person who used to be part of the organization my father is in."

He nods just as I hear the door open behind us before sensing my team behind me finally done with the mission to catch the missing cat. I quietly get off the table with ease before walking over to my uncle who pats my head as I see Sakura watching me with wide eyes. I raise an eyebrow at her, but she stops looking at me once I do that. I can feel Sasuke appraising me as he tries to figure out just how strong I could be considering he'd have to surpass my power to beat his brother. Thankfully, he doesn't know that his brother helped train me for two years because he would tell me to explain where his brother is which I would never do. He will find his brother in his own time and I will not be the person that helps him find Itachi just so he can kill him. I know it is not my place to help or stop Sasuke even though I view his brother as a brother of mine. I break out of my thoughts when my uncle taps my shoulder with a worried look.

"You'll be bodyguards on a journey."

"Really? Yes! Who? Who? Are we guarding a princess or some bigwig counselor?"

I duck my head wondering how the hell we managed to get a C-ranked mission when they are still new Genin. That is before I realise Naruto might have complained about all the easy missions we have been doing lately and knowing the Hokage he just gave Naruto the mission. He wants Naruto to prove himself to the village so they can look past the fact that he holds the nine-tails and is just a boy with an unlucky fate. I come back to the situation when an old man with a bottle of Sake enters the room with a judgmental look on his face.

"What the...a bunch of little snot nosed kids?" He says before taking a drink from the bottle in his hands.

"And you the little one with the idiotic look on your face. You really expect me to believe you're a ninja? What about you with the bright red hair? It's like a beacon in the night how can we hide with your hair?"

"I told you guys," I say in a singsong tone reminding them of our introductions.

"I am Tazuna a master bridge builder and I must return to my country. I'm building a bridge there that will change our world. I expect you to get me there safely even if it means giving up your life."

I narrow my eyes before teleporting away to get all of my weapons as well as some medical supplies just in case we need it. I keep a puppet in a scroll as a last resort before strapping the katana Uncle Zazu gave me and teleport to the gates startling Tazuna who is standing with my Uncle. My Uncle nods without looking up from his book causing a snort to burst forth from me making Tazuna look at me like I grew a second head. My eyes give a hint of a sparkle as I remember Uncle Zetsu, but I wouldn't exactly want to be like him because half of him happens to be cannibalistic. The others finally show up one at a time before we set off while my stomach gives a small clench making me blink as the others begin talking to my Uncle.

I carefully sense every few minutes and immediately notice the two Chunin following behind us. I give a cough silently telling Uncle Shi that we have company coming and he barely nods telling me he is aware of the threat. I keep a close eye on them and feel them move ahead of us meaning it could be an ambush if we are not careful. I carefully begin spinning my kunai as we walk and hear Sakura screech before giving her a bored look as I continue spinning the kunai.

"Yes, Sakura?"

"You can't just spin a kunai Yuki! That's an incredibly dangerous weapon!" She says making me stop spinning it with it pointed forward telling Uncle Shi they are up ahead.

"I won't lose control of the kunai Sakura. I've been using kunai since I was three years old and I'm much more skilled than I appear."

In the next instant I see the puddle making me roll my eyes as I pass it considering they suck at masking their chakra. Once Uncle Shi passes the puddle chains wrap around him and he fakes a shocked look before they pull him apart. I slowly pull my katana from my back as the others scream at what just happened in front of them. The two Chunin come towards Naruto and I flash to his side, but they barely scratch him as I kick them away while Sasuke manages to use Shuriken to pin their chains to a tree. I barely blink when he kicks both of them in the face before they come towards me again before seeing my katana with wide eyes. The veer off towards Tazuna just as Uncle Shi catches them around their necks before tying them up. I walk over to them causally slinging my katana back in it's sheath before crouching in front of them as Uncle Shi goes to talk to Tazuna.

"So why did you stop attacking where I was when you saw the katana I wield."

"He told us that if we came across someone with that katana that the child was under his protection and if we harmed that child he would kill us on sight."

"He who? There are not many who would offer protection over me."

"Zabuzza Momochi is the one who told us that no harm may come to you, but we don't know why."

"Who are you working for to come in contact with Zabuzza?"

"Gato has employed all of us so he can take over the Land of Waves."

"I'll have to knock some sense into Zabuzza for agreeing to be employed by a man like Gato. Is Haku with him?"

They both nod and I skip over to the group where the three Genin and Tazuna are watching me cautiously. I glare at Tazuna for lying to us because it means Uncle Zazu will be our next opponent and these Genin cannot handle someone on his level. He flinches back as Uncle Shi puts a hand to my head asking me to back down making me see that Naruto had opened his hand to take out the poison. I hum before moving to his side with bandages and heal him before wrapping bandages around his wound so we can set out.

*A/N: Merry Christmas!*