Aftermath

The next morning, I leave the house early already knowing that hell is going to be coming once Tsunade finds out that Sauske has left the village and there is only a matter of time before Sakura tells her I was there last night. Like I told Sauske there is no reason for me to interfere except for the fact that I hate the sight of these two brothers fighting over a misunderstanding that could easily be fixed if the true meaning behind the massacre was made public. Only that would terrify people because they would realise the peace that they care for so dearly is just an illusion crafted by the Elders so that they might believe they are safe even though we have ninja to protect them. I breathe out deeply knowing that I need to calm down before the Wood Style reacts to my emotions and begins to come out where so many civilians would be able to see. I see Shika and Neji on my way to the Hokage tower making me grin before walking over to them with my hair down instead of pulled up in a bun much like normal. I'm about to speak when my Anbu mark begins to burn and an Anbu stands in front of Shikimaru and Neji making me narrow my eyes in confusion.

"Hokage-sama would like to see the two of you in her office immediately. Akane I imagine you know as well and that it isn't best to dawdle."

I stick my tongue out at him before grinning as we all take off to Tsunade while I feel sick to my stomach already knowing why they are calling us into the Hokage's office. I must look incredibly serious because I can feel Neji and Shika staring at me in worry and slight curiosity making me huff out a breath. Tsunade may be able to understand and Uncle Shi will see what I mean, but Naruto and Sakura are up in the air about my decision. Naruto still doesn't understand me that well which may mean he will think that I just let Sauske go without a thought. Sakura will be upset because Sauske is gone and she knows that there is a way that I could have easily made Sauske stay so when she sees me she will feel hurt that I didn't physically stop him. I'm broken out of my thoughts when we appear in front of her door and I knock waiting for us to come in to the room. Once we get the confirmation I take a deep breath before opening the door to see Sakura, Naruto, Uncle Shi, Shizune, and Tsunade waiting making my hand twitch unconsciously as we enter the room. Two eyes automatically go to my hands knowing why they are twitching before I force my hands behind my back causing my spine to straighten.

"What is she doing here? I told you that she was there last night as well!" Sakura yells looking upset making my eyes flicker to her.

"If that is true then I need to hear Yuki's side of the story and what she may or may not have done. No one is to interrupt her while she tells her side of what has happened."

"Last night I got the sense that something was going to happen, and I was on edge all night before going for a walk to see what was happening. When I arrived, I saw Sakura and Sauske, so I quickly hid my chakra before watching them as they went back and forth when Sauske knocked Sakura out making me reveal my chakra signature. Once Sauske realised I was there the whole time he asked me to come out and that is what I did. I did not engage in a battle because we were too close to sleeping civilians who could end up hurt if I decided to fight Sauske. Plus, it was not my place to stop him from leaving and you already know this godmother."

"Not your place? You were there, and you are strong enough to put a stop to his leaving, yet you didn't? Yu-chan why would you just let Sauske leave like that? He belongs here where we are!"

"Please see it from my side. I have no right to stop Sauske from doing anything because I am not related to him nor am I his guardian."

"Sauske could be hurt out there and there's no way we could know if he's okay. It's going to be your fault if he dies!" Sakura yells making my head whip towards her.

"This is an unfamiliar feeling for the two of you, is it not? The part of you that wants to believe that the person you care for is okay and the other part that is so terrified that they are slowly dying some place where no one can help them. It will not be my fault because Sauske wanted to leave to someone I hate with every fiber of my being yet I'm the villain, correct?"

"The Yu-chan we knew would never let Sauske or any of us do anything that could result in us getting hurt yet you just let Sauske go."

Unconsciously, I reel back as if I've been hit sucking in a sharp breath before tightening my hands behind me. Neji and Shika looks surprised at their outburst while I give a grim smile knowing it was coming to this as soon as everything transpired last night. Everything has been building and this is the culmination, but I will not stay to watch everything go to shit because they are desperate to bring someone back who doesn't want to come back. I can feel deep in my bones that there are going to be a few people hurt today if they send out a search party, but luckily no one is going to die which makes me feel better.

"You will never be able to understand me nor the way my mind or heart works so please stop trying because it will never work."

"You two honestly believe she wouldn't have tried to talk him back yet he isn't here. Plus, she would give him a tongue-lashing for trying to leave the village. Despite how it seems she's just as upset as you two, but she hides it better and only a few would be able to see how upset she is." Shika says with a sigh that almost makes me cry.

"Especially because she knows why Sauske is leaving to gain power. She knows he's becoming stronger so that one day in the future he is strong enough to kill his older brother." Neji responds looking the two in the eye before looking at me from the corner of his eye.

"Why would she care about the fact that Sauske is going to kill his brother? His brother is a criminal that killed his whole clan which is why he is unable to come anywhere near here."

"Don't you dare call him a criminal to my face. My isn't this a familiar talk because once again if Ita-nii is a criminal then so am I because we are both SS-rank criminals in the Bingo Book. Only this time I'll tell you my Bingo Book name is the Sand Princess and perhaps someone can inform you what that name means to all the Nations. If you really must know why I care so much it's because Sauske is family in my mind an older brother that needs some guidance that I cannot provide and his brother, you call a criminal is an older sibling in my eyes. You guys always wondered why I reacted differently to certain people and it's because I was raised by the Akatsuki for eight years. Itachi basically raised me from when I was 7 to when I was 9 and I left with my mother who he happened to know. You two see things as black and white yet the truth is that nothing is just black and white there's some gray in there as well. Godmother I need permission to visit a friend of mine for an indefinite amount of time to gain control over myself."

She nods giving me my answer before I teleport from the room to go home and pack for the journey I am about to make on foot. I write a note before sending it on its way so that it will arrive a few days ahead of me with a small smile. Perhaps this is just what I needed, and I will only come back once I am stronger.