Gaara's Story

I slip forward feeling how close Shukaku is to taking Gaara over and feel some of the sand wrap around my wrist. I make no expression as the sand tightens just a bit around my wrist as I walk forward. That's when I realise that to Gaara I look like a threat dressed as I do and give a small smile. The sand loosens but does not leave my wrist and this does not bother me. I stay off to the side but in between both sides just in case anything happens. I realise Shika has performed his Shadow Possession Jutsu already meaning he's not underestimating Gaara. My eyes take in everything before Gaara begins telling his story which I learned from him only after a few days of knowing him.

Lee is still unconscious during this whole talk and I quickly check his body while they are distracted. I frown releasing the doctors are letting his body heal on his own which means at this rate he won't be able to be a ninja. I huff out a breath before healing him a little bit hoping that will help him because knowing Lee he has been training. That's the way he works and these doctors and nurses won't be able to understand why he pushes himself so hard. The sand tightens around my wrist for an instant and I turn around to see Gaara holding his head. I step forward knowing this means Shukaku is fighting to get free because the full moon is so close. I step closer and feel Shika and Naru's chakra fluctuate in fear for me and give a small smile. I run my hand through Gaara's hair as Gai makes himself know to the others. Gaara leaves us slightly more relaxed as Shukau is not fighting him right now.

"Yuki what were you thinking?" Naruto yells making me turn to look at him.

"What do you mean Naru? I was helping Lee and Gaara like I normally do."

"That guy is a psycho!"

"Do not judge someone for the things they believe Naru because what they may believe is wrong, but it is possible they do not know. I was almost like that before I came to Konoha and met Uncle Shi and Lord Third. Gaara has had no one to teach him that killing is not the answer like we did because Suna is more cut throat compared to Konoha. Imagine if you never have the ability to sleep peacefully because people are constantly trying to kill you."

"How close are you with that kid?" Shika asks with a calculating look on his face.

"I see Gaara as my best friend, but I'm unsure how he views me. You noticed how the sand wrapped around my wrist and would tighten, but not enough to harm me. Almost like it was trying to catch my attention and how Gaara allowed me past his defence despite there being threats. I knew you would catch that Shika and I can't tell you why it happens because I'm not sure myself. We should leave considering Lee needs his sleep. Uncle Gai can I speak with you?"

The two genin leave the two of us as we stay outside Lee's room. I carefully check to make sure no one is around to hear what I'm going to say. I don't need a doctor or nurse to overhear us and get upset over what I have done. Gai patiently waits as I check our surroundings for anyone. Once I feel there is no one to listen to us I turn to him with a serious look.

"Have the doctors told you that Lee is unable to become a ninja? I'm curious about what they've said on his condition so far."

"One of the medical ninja told me in the arena that he will never be able to be a ninja."

"Of course, well I think they're wrong and I just healed Lee while I was in there. I'm going to try and help as much as I can, but I won't be able to make it every day. If anyone gets suspicious just tell them to come speak to me."

He nods and I walk out of the hospital upset with what I've just been told when I see Temari and Kankuro. I flag them down and they both look at my uniform with surprise considering they weren't sure how powerful I was. I've grown incredibly close with the Sand siblings and consider them all my siblings as well. They see the serious expression on my face and know we need to head somewhere private which is what we do. When we get there I can sense how nervous they are and rub my head feeling a headache brewing.

"Tonight is going to be a bad night with the full moon being tomorrow. I can't come tonight because I'm under orders to sleep all night from the Hokage. Just be careful around him tonight and everything will be fine. I'll see you tomorrow at the final exam."

They nod and I begin walking home feeling my headache growing worse which means I've stayed up too long. My body is desperate for rest and this headache is only the beginning which means I need to sleep as soon as I get home. I open the front door and see Uncle Shi sitting on the couch waiting for me with a worried look. My stomach churns at the look and I close the door before making my way over to him.

"The Elders are worried about where your loyalties lie because they watched you after you left them. They called me in not long after you said they would and they made the Hokage watch you to see where you would go."

"They're worried about how close I am to Gaara and how I was able to calm him so easy. I shouldn't be able to do that and they worry I will use a tailed beast against the village. They probably think I hold some kind of sway over Naru as well which means it would be two tailed beast against the village. Fools is all they are and what they will remain because they've fallen prey to their own illusion of peace. I'm going to sleep."

I slip out of the room and into my own before falling into a deep sleep.