Exam Two

I wake up early the next morning in my bed and frown before turning over to see Uncle Shi leaned against my bed sleeping. I shift to get out of bed without waking him, but his eyes fly open zeroing in on me. A look of relief passes over his face seeing me awake before his eyes flicker to my neck with a worried look. He stands up stretching right before I get out of my bed noticing how drained I feel from what happened last night. Only I have obligations today that take precedence over me feeling a bit drained from what Orochimaru did to me.

"Yuki we have to tell Hokage-sama what happened last night. It's a breach in security plus he could be attacking someone in the second exam."

"I know, but I'll be able to sense him before the exam starts and warn the Anbu of his presence discretely."

"Yuki the second exam has already started. Do we need to get to the Forest of Death?"

"Yes, I imagine they already found out that someone has infiltrated the exams and they'll be curious as to who. Anko would go after him if she figured out he was here."

I put my hands into the hand signs and begin using chakra when my neck cries in protest. I hiss throwing my hand over the mark before realising I won't be able to use my chakra. This is what he wanted because he knew I would be able to sense his presence at the exam. Giving me the curse mark would knock me out and allow him to implement whatever plan he has without anyone the wiser. That means Sasuke is in trouble at this moment and I see Uncle Shi staring at me worried.

"We have to get to the Hokage now! He's going after Sasuke just like he did Ita-nii after I left."

He nods and picks me up before teleporting to the Hokage where Anko is as well. Once I'm set down I look her over seeing how she was in a battle recently. We're too late and he's already marked Sasuke with the curse mark. Fury runs through me and I cry out as pain radiates through my body causing everyone to look our way. I grip my neck taking deep breaths trying to calm down because my anger is sparking the mark. After a few seconds the mark finally recedes and I fall to my knees drained. Anko is looking at me with wide eyes before anger fills them making me give a small smile. I take a second before pushing myself up knowing I'm going to have to explain how the hell I got the curse mark.

"Yuki, is the curse mark the reason you never appeared to proctor the exam?"

"Hai, Hokage-sama. Last night I sat on the roof because I couldn't sleep when Orochimaru took me by surprise. Before I could move he bit my neck knowing I would fall unconscious from it. I only woke a few minutes ago. Sasuke has the curse mark, does he not?"

"I'm afraid so Yuki. Orochimaru even battled Anko to taunt her, but said if we stopped the exam he would attack the village."

"Stupid Baka. Once they find out what he's done there won't be a place for him to hide." I say with a sadistic smile causing some of the Anbu to flinch.

"Speaking of that, when we have the one month break between the preliminaries and the exam I want you to visit them."

"I'll send word to them. So now we just have to wait right? Has anyone made it here yet?"

"Yes we must wait to see who also arrives. Your friends from Suna have arrived and Kurenai's team has arrived."

I nod before using my summoning jutsu despite the pain it gives me and I look at a taller Ren. He licks my face worried about me and I give a smile knowing they can help me. His eyes lock on the curse mark and he gives a large cat growl startling everyone. Most summonings protect their summoner because they have to, but that isn't what Ren is like. He's protective of me like I'm one of his siblings making me rub his head with a giggle.

"Ren you need to go to Ita-nii and tell him I will be arriving in a few days to stay for a bit. If you can't find him tell papa."

"Should I tell them what Orochimaru has don't to you?"

"No! I will tell them when I get there because we don't need them coming here to battle him. If I'm there I can calm them down."

"Stay with someone at all times Yuki. He may have someone collect you because of what happened in the past." He says staring into my eyes seriously before disappearing.

I stand up before Anko throws herself at me causing me to rock back before catching my balance. I pat her head as she tightly squeezes me as if I'm going to turn into smoke. Once she lets me go she pats my head before disappearing making me give a small smile. I go to move forward when I feel a familiar bloodlust that stops me in my tracks. Before anyone can blink I'm out of the room and downstairs hearing a few people follow me in case there is trouble. I hum lightly as I make it to the bottom of the stairs and see Gaara staring out a window. I slip over to him before sitting next to him causing his sand to wrap around my wrist before recognising me and his sand slips away.

"Where were you today?" He asks softly.

"Some complications came up and I was unable to proctor the exam today. Is Shukaku restless after the exam?"

It's silent for a few seconds before he gives a quick nod that most would miss and I shift back as he takes off his gourd. He lays his head in my lap and I run my hands through his hair softly humming a tune that I'm going to write lyrics to later. He drifts off to sleep and I feel the bloodlust diminish to almost nothing making me give a small smile. I sit there for a few hours until I hear a noise making me look over to see Kiba standing there with Akamura. Kiba gives me an angered look and begins stomping his way towards me and Gaara. I continue stroking his hair hoping Shukaku will stay asleep the whole time Kiba is here.

"Yes, Kiba?" I whisper hoping to keep the conversation quiet.

"How can you just let someone like him sleep in your lap? He kills in cold blood!"

"Does a ninja not do the same? Plus, there are outside circumstances that lead him to kill the way he does. If that is all you wanted to know then I suggest you go to sleep."

"You are kind to a monster and that is despicable! What would your parents say?"

"Watch what you say Kiba. Gaara is no monster for doing as his village wants him to do. Are you calling me a monster for killing people when asked by the village?"

"It's different than what you do! He does it because he wants to."

"Go Kiba. I don't have the energy to deal with you right now and if you don't I will kindly ask one of the Anbu to escort you away. My choices are my own and you have no right to question what I'm doing."

He walks off scowling and I know all the genin will know by the end of this exam of what I've been doing. I sigh as I hear almost silent steps coming towards me and see a figure crouch next to me. I see Uncle Shi out of the corner of my eye and give a small smile seeing him. Knowing the Anbu posted here they most likely sent someone to get oji-san after the conversation they overheard. He ruffles my hair making me look up to see him giving me a closed eye smile. I grin at that as I continue running my hands through Garaa's hair.

"So this is Gaara, then? The Anbu say you're protective of him and you just chewed Kiba out regarding him."

"Kiba called him a monster because they saw Gaara kill another team I guess. I just said that if he is a monster then are all ninja not monsters? We all kill because we are told to and without a thought we follow those orders. Does that not make every ninja a monster to others? Most people view my father as a monster and they fear just his name even in Suna his homeland. It's all just so confusing sometimes and I hate not understanding everything."

"That's understandable Yuki. Are you tired? You can bring him to a room before we go home."

I pick Gaara up carefully and oji-san picks up his gourd before we walk into the room where his siblings are. I set him on the last bed available before his gourd is set next to him. We quietly leave the room before I latch to Uncle Shi's leg and he teleports home where we go to our rooms. Once I crawl into bed I fall into a deep sleep to fix my body from the havoc created by the curse mark.