Survival Test

*Yuki's P.O.V.*

I wake up the next morning hearing movement in the house and quickly grab a kunai before peeking around my door. I see my uncle making bento boxes before heaving a sigh realising it was him I heard as my eyebrows furrow. He's up before me today which is a rare case because of how my father taught me to always be on time for anything. I slip back into my room before changing into my normal outfit pulling my hair into a bun to keep it out of my face. I slip into the living room to see him still working on the boxes before I silently begin helping him finish the boxes seeing a smile under his mask making a smile appear on my face as well. Once we finish he hands me a bell that I tie on my wrist with a mischievous smile on my face as I think about how much harder this test will be with them fighting both of us. We leave before meeting up with the three genin that have been waiting for us.

"You're late!" Both Naruto and Sakura shout at us.

"A black cat crossed our path so we had to take the long way." I say in a monotone voice making them narrow their eyes in question.

Uncle Shi hands me an alarm clock to place on a stump not far from where we are and I set the timer before turning to the three genin. Their confused looks has my lips quirking up at the ends before I move forward causing the bell to jingle purposefully. Their confusion becomes even more apparent except for Sasuke, but just like Ita-nii I can read him like a book making a sly smile appear on my face. Uncle Shi raises an eyebrow and I give a closed-eye smile with a head tilt that has him giving a small nod.

"The clock is set for noon." I say with an emotionless face.

"Your assignment is very simple. You just have to take the bells from Yuki and me. That's all there is to it." He says before shaking his bell making the three remember the one around my wrist.

"If you can't get them by noon then you go without lunch. You'll be tied to those posts and will watch as we eat our lunch in front of you." I say with a sly smirk.

I zone out thinking of what the Akatsuki members could be doing right now and a soft smile graces my face thinking of the criminals who treated me so well. I wonder if they know where I am and what happened to my mother before realising it's obvious they know considering it swept through the nations like wildfire that my mother had been killed. All of the nations were shocked and saddened at the news because my mother was known for helping anyone she came across no matter where they hailed from. I just wonder if Ita-nii is going to allow himself to be killed by Sasuke when Sasuke achieves the Mangekyo Sharingan. I know that I can't prevent the fight from happening if it ever happens because it is none of my business why Ita-nii would allow himself to be killed by the brother he loves so much. I break out of my thoughts when I hear Naruto shouting making me blink noticing Sasuke and Sakura have hidden their chakra. Only they aren't aware that I'm a sensor, but I'm not going to show my hand just yet.

I watch shuriken impale my uncle with a yawn before I skip into the forest where I can hear Sakura screaming for Sasuke making me roll my eyes. I tap her shoulder making her look my way before placing her in a Genjutsu that shows her multiple Sasuke's being killed and hear her scream before she falls unconscious. I nod before taking off to the chakra signature that signifies Sasuke's location with my uncle in a high intensity battle. I enter the clearing just as Sasuke is looking around with him causing me to smirk as my uncle pulls him into the ground with only his head being above ground.

"Earth Style: Head Hunter Jutsu!" He says before noticing me watching and I blink before transporting to where Naruto is.

"What do you think you're doing, Naruto?" I say causing him to look up with shock on his face.

"Uh...nothing Yu-chan." He says with a nervous chuckle.

I wrap some rope around him before picking him up and going to the poles in the field to tie him against one. He frowns noticing I use extra rope to tie him to the pole for trying to eat lunch before any of us could find him. Uncle Shi comes out to see Naruto tied to a pole with a knowing look before the clock goes off making me sigh. I was hoping these three would be able to figure out the test that my uncle set for them, but they didn't which means they have failed and we don't have a team from this year of students. Sakura and Sasuke walk over to sit in front of Naruto as I stand next to my uncle spacing out once more. I miss the whole conversation and I blink when my uncle grabs my collar teleporting into the forest to watch them from afar. We watch as Sasuke and Sakura begin feeding Naruto making me heave a sigh of relief. Uncle Shi smiles before teleporting in front of the others to scare them. I slip out of the forest before making my way to the familiar stone that I visit everyday to pay my respects. I hear soft footsteps coming up behind me, but ignore them as I trace over my mother's name as well as her and my Uncle's old team. Emotion bubbles in my chest begging to be let out, but I push it down and turn to see them watching me. I stand up just as Uncle Shi says we will meet at the Hokage's for our first mission tomorrow making them happy to be actual genin.