Surprise

It's been a few weeks since I came back to the Akatsuki and everything has been very quiet. When Kisame is here he teaches me how to use Zazu's sword just in case I ever have the need. All of the members take a chance at battling me when they can just to see how much I've grown since they last saw me. They are all pleasantly surprised to see how far I have progressed.

I'm just about to spar with Hidan when a bird flies straight to me startling the two of us. Until I notice whose bird it is and worry goes through me as I take the scroll from the bird. I hastily open the scroll, but relax when the Hokage tells me that everyone is okay so there is no need to worry. Only why has he sent me a letter if nothing is wrong? I read further before biting my lip knowing my time here is up even though I was supposed to stay for a few more days. I turn to Hidan who is watching my every move as I look to him with wide eyes.

"I have to talk to Uncle Pein now!"

Before he can even move I've run into the hideout and down the familiar hallways at a quick pace. I knock on the familiar office door and wait for an answer before entering like I was taught as a kid. Once he answers I open the door before standing in front of him and Konan taking a deep breath. They both watch me worried yet also curious considering I was scheduled to spare with Hidan right now. I calm my heart before I answer their looks feeling slightly upset.

"I have to go back to Konoha they have some kind of mission only I am able to do. They need me back immediately because of the mission."

"It's okay Yuki. They need you and you are their ninja."

I give the both of them a hug before teleporting straight to the Hokage's office. A group of Anbu come out of the shadows before realising who it is and I give them a cheeky smile. They back away as I recognise the chakra of the Anbu who does not melt back into the shadows. I smile at him without thinking and he takes a step back in surprise not expecting the reaction. I step forward to ease him not intending for that kind of reaction to happen.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to surprise you. I just recognised that you are the Anbu who always watches over me when I'm alone."

"How do you know that?"

"Haven't you figured me out yet? I'm a sensor ninja and I memorised your chakra the first day you began watching over me under ojii-san's orders. Speaking of ojii-san where is he? He asked me to be here and know he's not even in his office!"

"He has a sudden meeting with the Elders of the village. He said to tell you he'd be back as quick as possible, but he didn't want you to leave."

"Ah okay I'll just work on a project while we wait."

The Anbu member melts into the shadows as I grab my puppet scroll and weave my hand signs. Puppet parts appear on the floor as I put the scroll away for now. I begin working on my new puppet as I hum a melody that's been stuck in my head recently. After a while ojii-san comes making me look at him, but he seems lost in thought so I continue to tinker with my puppet while keeping an eye on him. After a bit the Anbu I'm familiar with comes from the shadows making ojii-san look at him. I put my puppet away and stand up mak no him look at me with a soft smile.

"Ah Yuki how long have you been here?"

"About ten minutes after receiving your letter I teleported here. This Anbu was kind enough to tell me you had a sudden meeting so I just started making a new puppet."

"I'm sorry you had to wait for so long, but the meeting was about you Yuki. Some of the Elders are worried because you have hidden your true strength from the village. I came up with a plan that allows you to stay with us though."

"They wanted to exile me from the village? What did they think I was going to do? Annihilate a whole clan like my sensei?" I ask with a snarl.

"One of the Elders just doesn't like not knowing someone's true strength Yuki. For you to stay here you would have to become an Anbu Black Ops member, but you would be my personal bodyguard."

"I accept Hokage-sama. I can't just leave everyone now, can I?"

"I was going to wait until later to tell you this, but Naruto has come back from his training injured. As of right now he's uncocnious in the hospital from one of Jiraya's training methods."

My legs go out from underneath me at the words and I blink confused. What could Naruto have been taught that has forced him unconscious like this? Being taught by a Sanin is har work and I should know from my training with Orochimaru. I blankly stare at a wall when one of the Anbu scoffs making me whip my head their way. I glare at whoever it is and they flinch back before taking a step towards me. If I had been raised differently it would have made me scared, but I was raised by rogue ninjas so I just roll my eyes at the attempt. He balks at me rolling my eyes before coming towards me making my anger spark in an instant. I shift to move forward and attack him when someone places their hand on my shoulder making my head whip towards them. My eyes zero in on Uncle Shi and my body instantly relaxes making him give a smile before I give him a hug.

"So when am I supposed to test ojii-san?"

"The Elders have taken my word for the amount of strength you possess and decided there won't be a test. Your gear is already in your room and you'll report here tomorrow."

I nod before leaving the office to get some much needed sleep.