Uncle Shi and Sasu-nii

I rub my eyes before blinking in the harsh white lights of the hospital to see Tsunade had not arrived while I slept. I stretch just as I hear Naruto's voice from down the hall making me stand up. I slip into the hall before going to Sauske's room and lean against the door frame watching Tsunade do her work. After a minute he finally sits up with a far away look in his eye before Sakura launches herself at him. A hint of a smile is on my lips as I slip into the hall before Naruto does. Tsunade and Shizune do the same before I lead them to where Uncle Shi is still unconscious. I lean against the wall waiting as he finally wakes up before Shizune looks confused at me. I look at her wondering why she would be confused until I realise it's because I didn't react like Sakura did. However, Uncle Shi still has that far away look in his eye which has me worried about what he saw. It could have been quite a few things which causes my hands to twitch unconsciously.

"I'm guessing you and your teammate react differently then. Although this is your family so I thought you would be just like her."

"They both have these far away looks in their eyes Shizune and I know why they're there. Plus, any time I'm not on a mission this has been where I was even the nurses didn't bother me about the visiting hours. This is one Genjutsu I wasn't subjected to as a child because of the mental toll it takes on the victim, but I'm aware of what it does."

She nods before I walk over to calmly sit in the chair next to the bed when they leave the room. I lean my head against the bed knowing I should have been resting more especially after having chakra exhaustion recently. I close my eyes as I allow Uncle Shi to come back to the present and begin drifting off when a hand pats my head. I pick my head up rubbing my eyes before both stretching my limbs out again.

"Have you had a lot of missions lately?"

"No, I had chakra exhaustion about three weeks ago before I was given a two week mission. We just got back yesterday and I came here to check on everyone."

"Which means you slept in a hospital chair again. You know that isn't good for you." He says with a trace of amusement in his voice.

"So that is one Genjutsu Itachi refused to use against you?" He asks seriously.

"Can you imagine one of the members finding me unconscious from that? Konan would have beat him if he ever attempted to use it against me. Did you know mom made Lady Tsunade my godmother when I was a baby?"

"It doesn't surprise me considering she made our sensei your godfather and his wife your second godmother. Did she get a chance to teach you any new medical ninjutsu?"

"Yep, I'm not as good as her, but I'm close and I only need a little practice before I'm on her level. I'm going to check in on Sasu-nii and Lee before we leave."

I kiss his cheek before going down the hall to Sasuke's room where luckily Sakura has left. He looks up when I open the door and I grin before walking to his side a plan in my mind already. He narrows his eyes already figuring out that I have something up my sleeve, but he doesn't really mind with me. I slip over to his side before poking his head like Ita-nii does with me and his eyes widen in shock.

"Have a nice nap Sasu-nii? It was disconcerting having to leave you with Uncle Gai when I left. I worried about you and Uncle Shi the whole time I spent looking for Tsunade."

"Hn." Is the the only thing he says making me roll my eyes.

"Don't be upset that I poked your forehead just like Ita-nii used to. I knew it would shock you and bring you out of your thoughts."

His eyes narrow on me and I grimace after realising what I just said to him. I guess it's time to finally tell Sasuke that I know his brother that he wants to kill so desperately. He's going to be upset of course and probably distrust me after this point, but it's time he knew. I shouldn't have felt the need to hide this from him which means I've gotten softer than I even thought while living here in Konoha. I compose myself before looking back into his anger filled eyes and realise just how upset he is over me casually knowing his brother.

"I guess it's time you knew this Sasu-nii.." I'm cut off by his intense glare making me clench my jaw.

"Don't call me that." He says softly while still glaring at me.

"I met Itachi when I was 3 1/2 years old when he was out on a mission while I was studying under Zabuza. I convinced Zabuza to spare his team and never thought about Itachi again. That is until he showed up to join the group that my father is apart of right when I turned seven years old. He trained me in Genjutsu and Taijutsu for the next two years where we became as close as siblings because he was the one who took care of me. I know that sounds impossible, but it's true and I recently saw him on the break between the preliminaries and the third round of the Chunin Exam. I won't tell you where he is though because the fight will only end up just like the one you fought. Just as I view him as my older brother I view you in the same way and it hurts to see the two of you fight like that."

"How are you going to feel when you get word that I've killed him?" He softly asks looking in my eyes for the answer, but he won't find it there.

"I will be saddened because I will have lost another person that is close to me. Yet that is the path of the ninja is it not?"

He looks shocked causing me to give a soft laugh before leaving the room to see Uncle Shi waiting. He sets his hand in my head without saying anything as I give a watery smile. I manage to push the emotions down and fall into a fitful slumber from the conversation I just had.